07 | they could care less, as long as someone'll bleed

Cw; drinking

It was difficult to focus on anything in the shop today, with the excitement and nervousness of the show the band had later that night. But at the current time, Harley was stuck at Warped Vinyls. Her shift ended at 5:30 PM, and afterward, she had to make her way to the Whisky down the street for the soundcheck. It took feeling annoying all morning to get the boys to promise they won't forget her equipment.

Leaning against the counter, Harley props her chin upon her palm as she drums her fingers against the counter. It was just the girls today, being her, Jeanie, and Avery. Jeanie and Avery sat in the backroom, gossiping about whatever the latest drama on the Strip was. Checking the schedule for the day, Harley confirms that the girls had gotten everything done so that they could sit around without getting in trouble. Although Mark would probably find a reason to yell at them if he stopped by.

The anxiety seemed to outweigh the excitement as the end of her shift arrived, and she clocked out for the night. Jeanie and Avery only made an appearance as she left, to cheer Harley on and give her their best wishes for the show.

Once out the door, she runs down to the Whisky, only to stop and catch her breath once she got to the doors. Tommy had been sent to grab Harley when she came in to lead her to the back room where they got ready, and he showed her where they had set her stuff.

"See, I told you we wouldn't forget your things." Tommy grins at her, and Harley grins back. She grabs the pile of clothes waiting for her, leaving the room to go change. Putting on the clothes, Harley felt the familiar knots of anxiety twisting in her stomach. She could hear her mothers' tormenting words from her childhood, and Harley attempts to shake them from her memory.

She struggled for a moment to figure out how to put on the corset, and how to work the lacing of it. Harley would feel humiliated if she had to ask one of the guys for help to put it on. Also with the corset was a short leather skirt, and some ripped fishnets to put on underneath. To top it off, she had giant platform holographic boots, along with a spiked choker.

Harley stared herself down in the mirror, feeling awkward. She tugs at the skirt, attempting to make it go shorter. Only sluts wear skirts that are an inch above the knee, Harleen. I better never catch you wearing such horrendous clothing. Sighing once she realizes it won't fix it, Harley shrugs it off. Her mother would never listen to music like Mötley Crüe anyway.

Turning to the door, Harley attempts to discreetly leave the dressing room, moving towards the vanity where Nikki and Tommy were to add some makeup to the look. Tommy gasps dramatically upon seeing her, and Harley freezes, giving him an awkward smile.

"Dude! Holy shit! If we weren't like, besties, I'd totally hit on you." Tommy exclaims, grinning.

"Thanks?" Harley questions, moving to the open chair next to Nikki. Nikki says nothing, only looking her up and down. She sits down, pretending to not notice him. Mick and Vince sat on the couch nearby, Mick drinking from a half-empty bottle of vodka.

"Can I borrow this?" Harley asks, pointing at the eyeliner sitting on the counter.

"Yeah, sure. You look good, by the way." Nikki tells her, glancing at her.

She grins slightly, looking over at him. "Thanks." She notices the thick stripes of makeup under his eyes, almost like a football player. There's a decent line of eyeliner under his eyes too. Harley turns back to the mirror, leaning forward and running the eyeliner along her eyes.

"Do you shitheads even have a setlist?" Mick asks once everyone is quiet again.

Tommy glances at Nikki, who shrugs. "I dunno, we can put whatever together."