thirty nine

Harley found herself instantly regretting ever letting that needle touch her skin the next morning, the after-effects of heroin were so much worse than the high, which made it not worth it. She groans to herself, not wanting to get up. She couldn't remember if they had anything important to do that day, but they probably had a show.

The rest of the tour had gone by in a blur, mixed with all sorts of things - drugs, alcohol, and any kind of dirt they picked up. Harley barely remembered any of it, for the previous reasons mentioned.

It was sad to see Ozzy and his band go soon, and of course, they had to have a huge farewell party for the last few shows of the tour. Any band in the area were invited, which mainly consisted of the boys from Ratt hanging around them too.

Harley listened to the music above as she drank at the bar, spinning left to right on the chair. Nikki slides into the seat next to her, turning to face her as her chair swivels over in his direction.

"Hey," Harley says, resting the side of her face on her propped-up hand.

"What are you drinking?" Nikki questions, glancing at the glass.

She peers into it and shrugs. "Dunno. I think it's vodka."

"Ah, nice." He nods.

Harley waits for a moment before asking what she was thinking. "Do you have any of... the 'good stuff'?"

"You wanna try it again? You kind of freaked out last time." Nikki says, sounding surprised.

"I'll be fine." She tells him, frowning at the mention of her first try.

"Alright. C'mon." He shrugs, getting up and waving her on. Setting her drink down, Harley gets up and follows Nikki, and he leads her into the bathroom of the club. Pulling it out of his boot, Harley watches as he sets up the station and readies the drug.

Once it was set, he wrapped the bandana tightly around her arm. "Do you want to do it or should I?"

"I'll do it, just tell me how to." Harley says, taking the needle from him. For a moment, she thought of how embarrassing it'd be if someone walked into the bathroom right then.

"Find the clearest vein, like the one you can see through your skin perfectly - that one," He points it out, and Harley lines the needle up. "Then you know the rest."

She bites her lip as she pushes it in, flinching slightly at the prick. Once the drug is fully injected, she pulls it out and unties the bandana, handing it all back to Nikki. After she finished with it, he set it up for himself as well while watching for Harley's reaction.

Gripping the counter tightly, Harley attempts to keep her vision straight as it spins slightly. Despite that, she felt good. It felt like she had a bowl of water placed around her head and it suctioned the sound out.

"How are you feeling?" Nikki asks, his voice distant even though he was 3 feet away.

"A lot better than last time." She says, smiling brightly at him.

Nikki nods, focusing on his injection. She watches until he pulls the needle away and tosses it once it was done. Not sure what to do now - if they stay in the bathroom or return to the party - the two stare at each other for a few moments.

Harley decides the first move by leaning in and kissing Nikki, curling her hand around his neck, and pulling him in. It doesn't take long for him to take control of the kiss, grabbing Harley by the waist and pushing her against the counter.

He brushes her hair off her shoulder before swooping down and kissing below her jaw, scraping his teeth slowly as Nikki makes his way to the lower portion of her neck. Sucking right above the collar line of her shirt, his eyes flutter closed as he enjoys the moment and listens to the hitches of her breath.