fourty five

1985

Harley has been in a jail numerous times. The first of said times was when Nikki had been arrested back in '82 for engaging in a fight with a cop. Then there were plenty of other times where she had to be there to bail out her friends, except she herself had never been in jail on her account.

She sat across the table, staring at Vince, who looked tired. And dirty, as she suspected that jails didn't care to keep their inmates clean. Harley frowns as she looks at him.

"How are you?"

He snorts. "Living the best life."

"Vince."

"What do you want me to say? I'm in jail for murder."

"It wasn't murder. You didn't intend to kill him." Harley defends.

Vince rolls his eyes. "It's murder."

She sighs. "C'mon."

"You're the only one who's come in here," Vince tells her.

"Not even Beth? Or anyone else?" Harley asks, and he shakes his head. "Of course I had to visit you. You're my best friend. Murderer or not."

"Enough about me, my life's as miserable as it can get. How are you and Nikki?"

"I still haven't talked to him. Probably won't until we're all back in the studio." Harley admits.

"C'mon. Are you going to stay with Robbin that long? Don't get me wrong - I love the guy, but you and Nikki are meant for it." Vince tells her.

"I know. A lot is going on right now, and once it's cleared up, I'll talk to Nikki." Harley tells him.

"You better. And break up with Robbin so you two can finally get together after." Vince says.

Harley snorts. "Okay, whatever you say. Do you know when you're getting out?"

"It should be sooner if I stay on my best behavior."

"Have you been?"

"I guess." He shrugs. "Not like I can do much in here."

"That's fair." She pauses for a moment. "Hey, well, we all miss you."

He rolls his eyes. "You don't have to bullshit it for me, I can tell they don't give a shit."

"Deep down they all do."

"They all can fuck off."

She sighs. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize for them. You're the only one who's visibly given a fuck. With me being here and with Razzle." He told her. "They don't give a shit about him either."

"Tommy was there too." Harley points out.

"Knowing you, you forced him to come with."

She didn't protest, knowing he was right. The prison guard taps on their compartment wall, announcing that their time was up.

"Alright, I gotta go. I love you, be safe, and don't do anything stupid." She tells him.

"I can't promise you that," Vince says, and Harley makes a face at him. "Okay, I love you too. See you later?"

"Yeah, I'll be back next week." She said, gathering her things and waving goodbye as she left. She sighs to herself, rubbing her eyes as she left. This was all mentally exhausting. While it had been a month at this point, she hadn't seen the band once - today was supposed to be the first time. Harley hated bouncing between the prison and the studio, although, at this point, the studio was starting to feel like Elektra's prison too.