thirty three

Walking back to their hotel room, Harley had her arm around Vince's neck, swinging her legs out as she walked. Yawning, she rests her head on his shoulder as she walks.

They don't say much as they walk into the hotel or step into the elevator - walking up the stairs drunk would be a catastrophe - and they're in silence as Harley flops onto the bed face first, not even bothering to change out of her leather dress and into PJs.

Harley rubs her eyes and doesn't even bother to clean off her makeup - she'll do it tomorrow morning. Instead, she turns to Vince, who sits next to her on the bed, and closes his eyes.

"Are you sleeping?"

"Yes," Vince says, without opening an eye or turning to Harley.

"Vince," Harley complains, shaking his arm.

He sighs and glances at her. "What?"

"Aren't you going to tell your wife goodnight?" Harley questions, struggling to keep the serious look on her face.

"Good night, Harley," Vince says in a mocking voice, although there's a small smirk on his face.

"Night, Vinnie." She grins cheekily to herself, before rolling over and drifting off to almost instant sleep.

Waking up the next morning, Harley realizes she must've rolled in her sleep and was facing Vince now, who was still facing her direction as if he never moved. She smiles softly at him before sitting up, grimacing at her hangover and the itchy feeling of sleeping in leather.

Getting up, she checks herself out in the mirror, hoping she didn't look how she felt. She almost looked as bad, her hair was rumpled and fluffed in the back. Harley runs her fingers through her hair, frowning as she worked through a knot.

"Didn't bring a brush?" Vince questions. She looks over her shoulder to see that he had woken up, and Harley makes a face at him.

"You probably have one, since you get mistaken for a girl so much." She fires back.

"Ouch, rude," Vince responds. "Do you think everyone else is awake?"

"Maybe, we could go check the lobby." Harley shrugs.

The two walk downstairs, where everyone else was confirmed to be. They had come down for breakfast just a bit before Vince and Harley went downstairs.

"Where did you two go off to last night?" Tommy questions, glancing at the two. Harley looks at Vince, smirking, as he grumbles to himself. Harley proudly extends her left hand to Tommy.

"What?! Seriously?" He exclaims, his jaw-dropping as he checks it out.

"What's going on?" Nikki comes over to the trio, Vince groaning as he walked over. Nikki catches sight of the ring before glancing between Harley, and then Vince.

"When the fuck did this happen?" Nikki snaps, Harley noting the strong tone of jealousy in his voice.

"Last night. We decided last minute." Harley grins cheerfully.

"Aye, I think she's fuckin' with you. Seems like a joke kind of thing." Ozzy points out, as he had appeared out of nowhere.

"Me and Vinnie are very happy, thank you," Harley smirks, before grabbing Vince's hand and dragging him off to the breakfast line to hide her cackles.

"God, Nikki's gonna murder me." Vince moans to himself.

"He won't." She shakes her head, still snickering as she piled breakfast onto her plate.

"I think we saw two different looks on his face then. That looked like murder to me." Vince tells her.

"Least he'll do is be pissed at you."