fourty four

So much of Harley's life had changed within the month, and it was only two weeks into December. At the start of the month, everything had been fine. She wasn't even sure what she was doing for Christmas, since Vince was in jail, Tommy was with Heather, Nikki was MIA, Mick was probably spending it with his girlfriend, and Robbin had more band-related things to do.

While Harley probably could spend the holidays with Tommy and Heather, she figured the blonde wouldn't be happy to have Harley imposing on the holiday since it'd be the first one with Tommy as her boyfriend.

So that left Harley alone with no plans, figuring she wouldn't do anything Christmas-related and figured she'd spend it getting high. She had just woken up - ignoring the fact that it was past noon - and headed into the kitchen to make some coffee. She stood waiting for it to brew and attempting to not fall asleep, and the phone ringing disrupted her thoughts.

Reaching over, she pulls the phone off the hook. "Hello, this is Harley Jones."

"Oh, Harley! I was worried I wouldn't be able to find you." The voice says, and due to the grogginess, it takes her a moment to realize it belonged to her older brother Nick.

"Nick?" Harley questions.

"Yes! I was calling because I wanted to see if you had any plans for Christmas, but I figured you would with your band." Nick says.

"Lucky for you, I happen to have no plans this Christmas." She tells him.

"Really? Wow. Okay, well, my boyfriend - Oliver - and I are having a Christmas party at our house and wanted to invite you." Nick said, and she can hear the excitement in his voice of her being able to come.

"Of course, what time and when?"

"I think we're going for Christmas Eve?" Nick wonders. "I can give you our address."

"Alright, I'll see you then." Harley agrees. He exchanged numbers with her before the two hang up.

Within a blink of an eye, Christmas eve had arrived. By the time she had awoken, she realized she was about an hour late, but pulled on some clothes she found - jeans and a Motley shirt - before rolling out the door in under 10 minutes of waking up.

She was glad she didn't live in places that collected snow, she'd hate to drive on icy roads and to be worrying about snow constantly. California rarely snowed and it was great. Harley pulls into the driveway, she can hear the loudness from inside. She never would've taken her brother to be a big partier, but then again, she would've never seen herself be one either. Technically, she was forced to be at them.

Sighing, she gets out and walks up to the door, knocking. The door opens and Nick stands there and grins brightly upon seeing her.

"Harley! I thought you wouldn't come." He grins.

"Sorry. I just woke up." She mutters.

"Come on in, I want you to meet everyone!" Nick takes her arm and pulls her inside, bringing her to the center of the living room, where the crowd of people sat. "Guys, I want you to meet someone! This is my sister, Harley!"

She could tell some people recognized her, which made her feel slightly awkward. Which she supposed was her fault for wearing her band's shirt.

She gives a slight wave. "Hi."

A blond guy stands, making his way over with a smile, and shakes her hand. "Hey! I've heard so much about you, I'm Oliver, Nick's boyfriend."

"Oh, hey! It's nice to meet you - hopefully, you've heard good things." She laughs slightly.

Oliver laughs too. "Yeah, if it's from Nick."

And there it was. She grimaces slightly, turning to the others. "Who are they?"