twenty two

Harley woke up in Nikki's bed. She was familiar with it for a moment, a comfortable feeling surrounding her. Then, she realizes it's not 1981 anymore and that they no longer share an apartment.

Bolting upright, Harley glances around them. Nikki lay fast asleep next to her, the comforter pulled above his shoulders. Their clothes lay scattered around and looking at the bruises all across her body, Harley knew they were fucked.

She gets up quickly, pulling her shirt on and her shorts following in pursuit. Harley walks to the door and stops, glancing back at Nikki. He looked so peaceful, and she wished she didn't have to ruin the afterglow.

Harley braces herself as she opens Nikki's bedroom door, and glances up and down the hall. Stepping out she closes the door and walks slowly out - Harley knew that if Lita were home, she would already know of Harley's presence.

But to Harley's luck, Lita was not. She quickly makes for her exit, rushing out of the apartment as fast as she could.

The first thing she did upon returning home was showering. Then she debated on if she should cover the hickeys with makeup, and she decided to let them heal for a bit before covering them.

Harley crashes on the couch, feeling overwhelmed with the situation. She knew it was her fault, though. To make herself feel less worried, Harley popped in the VHS of A New Hope.

Around noon, she called Vince. It was eating at her to confess, so she had begged him to come over. She could've called, but Beth could have been nosy and listened in on their conversation.

"So, what happened?" Vince asked, sitting on the couch space across from her. She hadn't clarified in the slightest what had happened.

"I'm so stupid," She groans. "So I hung out with Nikki yesterday, cause he came over claiming he was bored."

Vince nods, already getting an idea of where this was going.

"We did hang out - we went and saw Poltergeist, a really weird movie, by the way. But yeah, then he wanted to show me his apartment. That should've been my first clue because it's Lita's apartment too. We got into an argument and, well, things escalated from there." Harley explained, waving her hands as she spoke.

"And by escalating you mean you guys fucked?" He asked, and he noticed a hickey poking out from under her shirt.

"Yes." Harley groans again, covering her eyes with her hands.

"Well, you're okay as long as Lita doesn't find out." Vince shrugs.

"Yeah, thank god she wasn't home when we were." Harley sighs.

"Okay, so what's the worst that could happen?"

"The worst? Well, Lita and Nikki would probably break up. Then Nikki might be pissed at me - I don't think I'd be affected too much, other than maybe having both Nikki and Lita being mad at me."

"Keep in mind if he does get mad at you for it, it's not 100% your fault too." Vince points out.

"Right." Harley nods in agreement. "Well, at least this makes me feel better."

"You guys just have to be more careful, you might get in trouble at some point."

"Yeah, I know. It's just... I dunno." She shrugs. They both sit in silence for a moment, neither of them saying much.

-

Harley's date with Lela came soon enough, despite her still feeling immense guilt over what had happened with Nikki. She didn't know why she was so worried - they weren't even together yet. But typically, if you were going on a date with someone, you didn't sleep with someone else right before it.