trente-six| true motive

Start from the beginning

I yelled as everyone stared at us with wide eyes. Alejandro's usual neutral composure was replaced with one of worry. His tan skin lost colour as we all heard a gasp.

Maria was staring at her husbands, tears pooling out of her eyes and onto her cheeks as her hand was placed over her mouth.

"H-how could you?"

Her voice was a mere whisper but it felt like a thousand knives stabbing through my heart.

Maria's a strong woman but seeing her crying, completely broke me.

"Mi vida-"

"Don't mi vida, me. Tell me she's lying." The older woman said as I put my gun behind my back.

This wasn't my fight anymore.

Well....

"I-..."

"Oh my god." She breathed out before walking towards him and slapping him. Hard.

The sound echoed through the office, Alejandro's head snapping to the side as Maria cursed him out in Spanish.

"Why would you do that? He's your son!"

"He's not my son." The salt and pepper haired man stated in a harsh tone. "I never asked for my son to be weak, I needed a man-"

"And he needed a father!" I snapped.

"The Irish's are a good cover story, no one would ever question why or how they learned about him... and it so happened that they had a bone to pick with The White Rose firm."

"Why would you try to kill our son? You love him." Maria argued but I could see in his eyes that hatred was the only emotion present.

"Loved. Daniel made me realize that Damien could never be the next don. He's weak and pathetic, he doesn't know the first thing about ruling a mafia."

"You promised me that he would never get into the life! You promised me, Alejandro!"

This feels exactly like one of those cliché romance movie, except this was bigger.

Alejandro wanted to kill his son, just because he didn't want him to be the next don. As if Damien even wanted to rule his father's mafia.

"I'm not getting any younger, Maria." He said through gritted teeth as my fingers itches to grab my gun and shoot him in the face.

"If Damien died then everything would go to my son."

His son?

Isn't Damien his- shut the fuck up.

Maria and I made eye contact, her face losing all of its colour as I glared harshly at him. I knew Alejandro was a dick but I didn't think he would have the audacity to cheat on his wife.

"What? You think I would stay faithful to you? After that shit you pulled with Bruno?"

"Excuse me? Who the fuck is Bruno? My cousin, Bruno?" She asked while he scoffed in disbelief.

"Roberto is everything I want in a son. He's strong, loyal and doesn't need fucking bodyguard to ptotect him. Much less a female bodyguard."

Roberto? Who the fuck is- no. It could't be the same Roberto, could it?

It could not be Roberto, the fifteen year old I met at Henry's birthday party.

It could not be the same Roberto that tried to pick a fight with me.

It simply couldn't be.

"Roberto? You had sex with my sister!" Maria yelled in frustration as I restrained myself from putting a bullet hole in his forehead.

How could he?

"So what? She gave me an heir."

After people wonder why I say that men ain't shit. It's because of dickheads like him that the whole male population gets a bad rep.

"I'm going to fucking kill you." I whsipered as Maria subtely shook her head, no. It was taking every inch of self control I had in me to not kill Alejandro.

"I'm giving you two options. 1, you leave my boy alone and keep yoour mafia. 2, I kill you and take over. You chose." She said while taking a gun from behind her back.

Raising my eyebrows, I couldn't believe she had a gun there this whole time. How has she not shot him in the face yet? If it were for me, he'd already be dead.

"What if I don't?"

"Do you really want me to remind you how good of an assassin I was?" She asked with a raised eyebrow as I smirked.

Alejandro sighed, accepting the first offer of leaving Damien alone and keeping his mafia. What a complete dick. How fucking dare he chose his mafia over his son.

"Don't contact me or Damien. We're done, Alejandro Cortese."

The elderly woman stated before taking her ring off and placing it on the table.

I just know that I'm not nearly as strong as she is. I would've started crying in the middle of the room, not a care in the world if we were alone or not.

Maria grabbed my arm, though not before I yelled: "Don't ever try to make contact with me, my brothers or the firm." Which meant our contract was terminated.

Which also meant, I was in the clear to date Damien if I wanted to.

"Help me pack my things, then we'll go to the hospital to see your brother." Maria said with a sad smile as I rubbed her back in a soothing manner.

"I'm sorry, Maria. I didn't come here to terminate your marriage, just to get revenge for Saint." I admitted as we made our way to her bedroom.

She didn't waste a second and started packing everything that was of value. Which reminded me that I had to call Iron so he could get ride of the bodies.

Meh, I'll do it tomorrow.

"Saint? What happened to him?"

"Dead, protecting Lucas, Damien and Stom - my brother. Bowie's dead too."

"I'm so fucking sorry, Alejandro did that. I should've seen the signs when he started being cold and rude to Damien and I. I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to apologize for. You and I, we're good. We're on the same page." I told her before helping her pack.

It didn't take us long until everything valuable of hers was cleared. She was going to live with her brother for a while before finding - or building a new house.

As I finished putting her bags in my car, I received an incoming from Damien.

"You okay, baby?"

"Lilith is going into labour."

And this day just keeps getting crazier and crazier by the second.

"I'll be there in five."