sept| denise

Damien was sprawled out on the couch in my office, he was watching The Office - ironically - on his phone while I answered some emails

Damien was sprawled out on the couch in my office, he was watching The Office - ironically - on his phone while I answered some emails. The situation with the Irish's just added some stress onto my shoulders. I already had to protect Damien from college kids, but now, now, I also had to protect him from the mafia. This whole thing is giving me a headache and I haven't fully started being his body guard yet.

"Rebs, I need you to- oh?" Denise said as I looked up from my computer. She wiggled her eyebrows at me, mouthing the word cute before putting a pile of files on my desk.

"I need you to sign this, it's the papers from your last assignment."

I nodded my head, quickly signing every paper until my hand physically hurt. Damien, who was so engrossed in his show, didn't even notice that Denise was in here until she coughed. That small action startled him so much that he fell to the ground.

Shaking my head, I tried to bite down a smile so Denise didn't see that side of me. Just because she's my favourite secretary, doesn't mean I want her to see my soft side. If you can even call it a soft side.

"Mhm, hello?" He said in embarrassment while ruffling his hair. Denise walked up to him before hugging him tightly. Oh god.

"You're absolutely adorable! Not really Rebel's type but still cute." She did not! Fucking hell.

"Oh, okay?"

"Not that it's a bad thing. No, of course not. You're just so... innocent."

"Denise, you can go now." My voice came out colder then I intended it to be but I didn't care. She was making Damien uncomfortable with all of her questions and statements.

The woman didn't add anything and just grabbed the stack of paper before walking out.

Rubbing my forehead, I felt Saint place his head on my lap while I mindlessly pet his head. What would I do without him?

"I apologize for Denise, she can be a bit nosey from time to time." I told him as he nodded. I motioned for him to come sit next to me, which he did without protesting. When he sat down, Damien started fidgeting with his rings.

From what I've gathered, it's a sign that he wants to say something but doesn't know how.

"Damien." I warned.

"I didn't like it when she touched me." He whispered while grabbing my hand. Frowning my eyebrows, I tilted my head to the side as he took a deep breath. "Only you can touch me."