huit| viper den

When I dropped off Damien at his house, I made sure there was at least four guards protecting him before driving away

When I dropped off Damien at his house, I made sure there was at least four guards protecting him before driving away. He was a little reluctant in going home, since he'd be alone because Lucas went to visit his parents. I really didn't want to leave him, especially not with the bounty on his head, but I had to go to the Viper Den, and that was no place for him.

Viper Den is an underground fight club, it's illegal in every aspect but that doesn't mean the cops are doing anything about it. Some shady cops actually come here to get a fix or to place bets on the fights.

Tonight, Wolf is going to fight. It'll be his first fight since he retired to become an agent. Viper Den's been kind of a safe place for my older brothers and I.

Marío, the owner, took us in after three years of living in the streets. He put a roof over our head and cared for us like we were his kids. Our whole situation was bad, we were practically bones when he found us. Wolf and Gunner were stealing and fighting to keep us safe. Dagger made weapons or would dumpster dive for clothes. Everything was just bad.

But then Marío found us, practically dying in the back of an alley. He had gone for me first, I was the youngest, but that had gotten him four underage kids trying to beat him up.

He was impressed and started training us in fighting. He put us in school, all five of us, and made sure we got everything we needed. Our parents didn't leave us any money, they were drug addicts after all, so we had to start from nothing. Wolf, Gunner and Dagger got a bunch of jobs, and told Storm and I not to worry.

When I turned 14, I started working as a waitress in a cafe. I wanted to help my brothers out. It wasn't fair that they had to put so much work in to provide for Storm and I.

Anyways, Viper Den kind of saved us. It's basically our second home, and the fact that the FBI want to shut it down - well thats messed up. I know Wolf's going to fight for it, no matter what, but at the same time, he can't lose his job. He won't admit it but he likes it.

"Hurry up, Lia. Fights about to start and I want a good spot." Lilith said as I grabbed my leather jacket from my closet.

I was wearing a dark orange-ish turtleneck, grey jeans, my trusted Dr Martens and my leather jacket. My necklaces were around my neck and my fingers were covered in rings.