onze| old friend

I woke up with a killer headache this morning

I woke up with a killer headache this morning. Going home to drink your feelings away is definitely not the right move. Especially when you have school the next day. Eh, you've done this before.

Shut up.

Saint nudged my leg with his paw, begging for attention while trying to wake me up. Funny enough, I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. Damien's words kept replaying in my brain which made me overthink, which then kept me awake all night.

Last Night

"Holy shit, love. This is so good." I praised as his cheeks turned a deep shade of red.

Adorable.

"T-t-thank you."

We ate, talked and laughed most of the night. I learned a little more about him, and he was content when I would occasionally say something about my life. Talking with him made me realize how shitty my parents were and how much I'm thankful Marío took us in.

When we were finished, I told him to just relax and that I would do the dishes. He complained, of course, but listened to me after a while. He should know better then to argue with me. I'm a stubborn person, I won't let it go. I could die while still holding a grudge.

"Hey, Ame?" Damien asked while I finished cleaning the last plate. There was a towel on my shoulder as I motioned for him to keep talking.

"You know... I-... never mind. It's not that important." He mumbled.

Taking a seat next to him, I placed a hand on his, letting him know that he doesn't need to tell me but I'll still listen to him.

"You can tell me anything. I won't judge."

"I-I want to... but I can't."

"That's okay, I'm not pressuring you. Tell me whenever you're ready." I stated while ruffling his hair. My action made him blush like a madman before he took a deep breath.

"Am I going to die?"

My body tensed as my eyes glanced at him. His whole body was shaking, his head hanging low as he twirled one of my rings around my finger.

"What?"

"Am I going to die because of who my father is?" He asked a little louder.

"N-no. No! You have me. I'll never let anything happen to you, love."

"But what if something does happen? What if.. what if some day you're not there to protect me? What then?" His eyes filled up with tears as I pulled his body closer to mine.

His head went to the crook of my neck, tears rolling down his cheek and onto my shirt.

I didn't care.