quatre| her

Mom and dad had been nagging my brain with attending their monthly event

Mom and dad had been nagging my brain with attending their monthly event. It always took place in one of our mansions, and hundreds of people always attend. Some were close friends and others were moms business partners - since dad's partners don't know that mom and I exist. He said it was safer that way.

I was in my house, getting smothered by my mom's kisses and my stylist who was adjusting my Armani suit.

"Mama, I'm happy to see you too." I stated while trying to get my face away from her. She's very emotional since we haven't seen each other in two weeks because I took a business trip with dad. I mostly stayed in the hotel and watched Supernatural.

"Figliolo, I missed you so much! Being in this house by myself, I was going insane."

I didn't hear what dad mumbled but I could only guess it was bad because mom hit him behind the head with her hand. She's one scary lady when she gets angry.

I wouldn't know but dad would. He, somehow, always knows how to push her buttons. But I guess that's what happens when you've been married for 15 years.

Anyways, I glanced down at my black Armani suit, trying to smooth one of the edges with my finger. My white shirt had been ironed by my mom, because let's face it, I'm a hazard in every way, shape or form.

"Where's your bow?" Dad asked while I motioned to the box sitting on my bed. He grabbed it before placing it on me.

People always say I look exactly like dad but I, personally, don't see it. I do, however, see the resemblance between mom and I.

"Damien, you look so handsome!"

Mom praised which made me smile. Kissing her cheek, I walked towards my nightstand and pulled out an expensive looking box. I had gotten mom a necklace when we were on the trip. The only day I got to see the city, well, I bought her something.

"This is for you, mama."

"Oh, Damien, you shouldn't have."

Dad pulled me towards him while mom was opening her gift. He ruffled my hair before whispering in my ear.