vingt-huit| hospital

20 hours, 45 minutes and 27 seconds

That's how long Amelia's been out for. The doctors managed to get the bullet out of her, they said she's expected to make a full recovery but they still don't know when she's going to wake up. If she wakes up.

They said her body is fighting a war within itself. That the lack of sleep isn't helping her case.

Her brothers, Lilith, Lucas and I had been in the waiting room. Each taking turns to go see her and talk to her.

Though Wolf's been skipping his turns, I think it's too painful for him to see his little sister in a hospital bed.

Storm's been blaming himself, saying that if he had checked his phone earlier, she wouldn't be in that state. It's not his fault.

Sure, it would be easy to blame him.

But I'm not going to.

Everyone's been trying to keep their emotions inside, except for Lilith, Lucas and I.

It hurts seeing the woman I love laying on a hospital bed, motionless, and there's nothing I can do to help her.

Gunner hasn't stopped answering phone calls, mostly yelling at my father for trusting a man like Daniel. I never really liked him.

Dagger was playing with his rings, twirling a big skull ring around his index finger. He was nervous and scared for Amelia.

Storm was tapping his foot on the white ceramic floors. The sound resonating in my head as I placed it in between my hands.

"Santo Dios, please don't take her from me."

I muttered before kissing the cross around my neck as Lucas sniffed. He took a seat next to Storm, the two of them soon falling asleep as I chewed on my bottom lip.

I kept checking my watch every few seconds, praying that Amelia would wake up soon. I can't do this without her.

None of us can.

She's the glue.

The one that holds all of us together.

26 hours, 39 minutes and 18 seconds.

She hasn't moved an inch. The doctor said there wasn't anything he could do, and that it was all up to her now.

Wolf tried to make me go home but I couldn't move. I want to be there when she wakes up.

I have to be there.

I owe it to her.

"Look, kid, it ain't gonna do her no good if you pass out from exhaustion." Wolf stated while pressing a hand on my shoulder.

"I have to be here." I whispered as he nodded before taking a seat next to me.

"You're a good kid, Damien. You make her a better person."

He said before whipping the corner of his eye with the back of his hand. Lilith had went home with Dagger, the stress and the hospital wasn't good for her or the baby.

And Dagger had been shouting louder and louder during every phone call. The nurses said he had to leave or they'd remove him.

Storm and Lucas were in the cafeteria, trying to stay awake and bringing everyone coffee. While Gunner just sat on a chair unmoving.

He barely blinked.

It was like he was a robot. Numb of all emotions and feelings.

"I've never seen Lia happy like she is when she's around you. We didn't have a good childhood... we learned to hide our emotions since we were young. But when she's around you, she gets that glint of happiness in her eyes that I haven't seen in years."

He admitted as I bite the inside of my cheek.

"I love her." I breathed out. "I love her so much and I don't even know if I'll ever be able to tell he." My eyes began to water before Wolf ruffled my hair.

"She's a strong woman, always been and always will be." He said before standing up to get a coffee down at the cafeteria.

"Hey, Damien."

Looking up, I watched as Wolf smiled at me.

"For what it's worth, she loves you too."

31 hours, 47 minutes and 29 seconds.

Taking a deep breath, I pulled the door of her room. My breath catching itself in my throat as I stared at her pale figure. Hot tears rolling down my cheeks as I tried not to sob out loud.

I've been crying non-stop for the past hours, I don't have any more tears or water in my body.

"Tesoro..." I whispered lowly, begging for her to come back to me.

I took a seat next to her hospital bed, my warm hands gripping her cold one as I bite the inside of my cheek.

It hurts seeing her like this

Defenceless.

Motionless.

Almost lifeless.

It hurts so much.

"Please wake up, Amelia. I can't do this without you. None of us can... you're the only thing keeping me sane, tesoro."

I mumbled while pressing my forehead on the bed. I can't think of a world where she isn't here anymore. I can't think of a world where she isn't telling me how pretty I am.

I can't think of a world without her.

She's my world.

"Please Amelia. Please, just come back to me." I cried out as her hand twitches in mine. My head snapped upwards, eyes growing wider as I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming or not.

She moved.

I know she did. I'm not crazy. I know I'm not.

"Tesoro? Can you hear me?" I asked as her fingers moved against the palm of my hand.

I tried not to shout in excitement, it's progress. It lets me know that she's still here.

"Can you open your eyes? Or squeeze my hand?" Amelia's body suddenly began convulsing as her heart monitor began beeping loudly.

"Nurse! I need a nurse!" I yelled as four nurses ran inside of her room. One of the woman pushed me out of the way as they

"Code Blue! Code Blue!" The male nurse told the others as I was pushed out of the room.

But not before hearing her heart flatlining.