trente-trois| nightmare

A/N: why did it take me so much time to write this? it's not even like it's a good chapter too.

I wasn't supposed to be out that night

I wasn't meant to have a special assignment.

I wasn't even meant to be doing this. Not after what happened last time.

The target was in the restaurant in front of me. He was eating Parmesan chicken with a Caesar salad and a glass of Pinot Noir.

He was eating dinner with his family and friends. They were celebrating the acceptance of their eldest daughter, Selena, in the University of Colombia.

They were all laughing, smiling and cheering at the great news.

Until they weren't.

I was on my stomach, my baseball cap covering my eyes while a mask was covering the better half of my face from the cameras around the building.

"Iron to Rebel

"Iron to Rebel. Do you copy, Rebel?"

"Rebel to Iron, copy."

I responded in a monotone voice. Life taught me to not show emotions, not even when you're afraid for your life.

"Get ready to take the shot."

The man on the other side of my earpiece said as I glanced through the scope of my rifle.

I was waiting, looking at the happy family through the lense. I didn't feel any sadness towards the target, only towards his family who would have to see him get assassinated.

"Take the shot in five."

One. He stood up to make a speech.

Two. He kissed his daughter on the forehead.

Three. He raised his glass.

Four. He said he was proud of her.