ᥫ᭡:10

࿐ 1O : story-telling

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EUI AND RYE WALKED THROUGH THE LONG PAVEMENTS in a very thick clothes, since snow has been starting to form again these days despite the fact that they can go with a car or a bus. They arrived at the big building; a hospital, where Eui's grandfather and grandmother is laying at.

As they went into the counter to tell their visit for the certain grandmother and grandfather of Eui, Rye's phone rang, making her be excused for a while. Eui, alone, walked into the corridors of the hospital until she reached her grandmother's room. She twisted the doorknob revealing her pale and frail looking grandmother.

She felt the pang on her heart, as she closely went into by her side. ❝ Grandma, I brought flowers and fruits. ❞ she felt the presence of the old lady moved. ❝ Ah, no. Dont bother to sit, it might hurt you moving too much. ❞ Eui said worriedly, as she caressed her grandmother's shoulders. ❝ Oh, Eui. Look at you, you have grown into a beautiful lady. ❞ her grandma's palm reached into her hair.

Grandma, we have seen each other two weeks ago! ❞ Eui chuckled, and talking more carefully than ever, as she knows that her first ever guardian already is old.

Eui's own parents were never there for her, as their focus was on the bunch of paper works and businesses. Luckily, her grandparents were there not make her childhood dull, in other terms, they were her first home and parent. Seeing them in this state, makes her heart break. ❝ Yes, but I still remember how small you are when you are born. ❞ despite of the wrinkles, the old lady smiled happily at her granddaughter.

They both chuckled by that, ❝ But you know..two weeks ago you look different. ❞ the grandma honestly said. ❝ What do you mean by that, grandma? ❞ Eui confusingly tilted her head. ❝ Today, you look happy. ❞ she said to Eui who was flabbergasted and thinking how.

Your grandmother's right. ❞ a deeper voice said, as the young lady turned her head, seeing her grandfather on a wheelchair and Rye pushing it through. ❝ Grandpa! ❞

Oh, Eui you really look different today, you're more prettier when happy. ❞ the old man said, as he softly stroke her hand, admiring his granddaughter lightsome crescent eyes. ❝ You know, I'm like that when inlove. ❞ the old lady spoke once again, earning all of their attention, as the two young teens sat on the stool near the hospital bed.

How can you tell so? ❞ Eui asked, baffled.

Your great grandmother's or my mother was the one who told me. ❞ Eui's grandmother said, while looking at her loved one.

Let me tell you that, your grandfather and I met when I was walking my own nephew across the pathway of the river. ❞ the old lady chuckled. ❝ That time we were so young, he was a handsome, classy, young lad too. If i could remember, he was walking his dog, Umi. ❞

The two young women eagerly listen from the story-telling as they looked at the old male; who was grinning a bittersweet smile, given to that he misses his dog that was with him from his youth, and now rested first years ago.

We talked, until it hits the sunset's time. We were strangers yet, we managed to be with eachother for a small time. ❞ the withered beauty again continued to speak.

We didn't met eachother again for maybe a month but I keep finding him. It's not until, I heard my own dearest friend was arranged into a forced marriage. ❞ she sadly or blankly smile, feeling bad for her friend.

Of course, I tried to help her out through our businesses. And then, that time when I went to their company, I met him again. ❞ she pointed at the old man sitting on the wheelchair. ❝  Unknowingly, he was the fiancé of my friend and she already fall for him that time. ❞

The young ladies gasped, by the twist of the story. ❝ So it's like you have to choose between them. Who did you choose grandma? ❞ Eui said.

I choose my best friend's happiness so in the next morning, I went to my father that I want to go with him in his year-long business trip. ❞ the grandmother sadly smiled, as the two girls pouted a tiny at her response.

And I went into all over the world she can go into just to find your grandmother for a year after breaking the arrange marriage when I realized she's the one I love deeply. But she's actually just in New York! ❞ the grandfather said, as all notice went to him.

Yes, I become a great model there too. ❞ her grandmother chuckled. ❝ And just so, the next moment he said "I finally found you, love. " That time, we promised we won't let go of eachother now. And here we is. ❞ the old lady smiled, as the girls went awe.

So it is love at a first sight! ❞ Rye exclaimed softly, as all folks laughed.

While, Eui was stuck at her own thoughts, love can be common anywhere, no matter what is your life, sometimes you can relate to the circumstances.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Starring next...

࿐ 11 : what's your standard?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬