Chapter 63: Goodbye, Sapphire Eyes

Depuis le début

       "I will never leave you, Park Jimin... my Jimin," Jungkook whispered against Jimin's soft lips, feeling his warm breath brush against his own lips. With that, Jungkook continued to press his forehead against Jimin's and rub his thumb along his small knuckles. "I am bound to you forever, my love and forever is a long time."

      "You don't know how much I appreciate those words, Jungkook. It's been so long," Jimin added. Closing his eyes and moving his head down to rest against the Android's chest. "If we're going to have forever... will I grow old without you?"

      "Don't say that, I can have myself modified so you won't be alone, Jimin. When you leave this earth, I will leave too because I won't have a reason to go on after my bond with you is broken," Jungkook assured and suddenly listened to Jimin sniffle and hide his own sobs. "Why are you crying? Ah, Jimin we have a whole eternity! Don't think like that..."

       "I... I'm just not used to having a love so beautiful i-in my life before having it taken from me. I fear what could happen in the next second to you... I can't help it!" Jimin continued and allowed Jungkook's sweater to capture his tears. "Ah, I'm overthinking again..."

       "Shh... I'm not going anywhere," the caring partner assured as he kissed the side of Jimin's head carefully. "We'll be here for eachother, that's a promise I know neither of us will break. No need to overthink now, leave all your thoughts to me..."

       Jimin smiled to himself until he began to let out a soft giggle before wiping his own tears away. Afterwards, Jungkook guided his true love back to the car when it was getting too cold for the human to just stand around. There, they laid in the back of the car, surrounded by the same blankets and pillows that remained there before. With just the beat of their own hearts pounding in sync, they cuddled and kissed within the warm car, not even daring to think about anything else since this was their escape from reality. This was a place where happiness ran wild and any trace of the real world never seemed to follow them here.

       Jimin smiled as Jungkook pressed gentle kisses along his cheek and trailed those lips to his neck carefully. But never daring to go further than that. They only longed to shower each other with love as they remained in the warm, listening to the gentle tunes they shared as if they were the same person and in fact, they were already one. Understanding each other's flaws and imperfections and loving those versions of themselves was enough to solidify it all for the two.

       "Jungkook~" Jimin spoke into a breathing whisper as the android continued to kiss him and intertwined hands with him. Giving him the love and affection he longed for from the beginning. "Jungkook... something tells me I should stay with you for the night..." Jimin whispered, not longing to break away from this moment even once just to go out for drinks with Namjoon.

      "You don't have to if you don't want to... go.. have fun, I don't want to hold you back. You'll make me feel bad if you stay."

        "Ah, Jungkook-"

        "We've talked about this, I'll be fine," the android replied and finally pulled his lips away from Jimin's gentle skin just to look him in the eyes. "Nothing is going to happen to me, enjoy your time out, you know I can't give that to you on my own."

       "I know... I just... maybe I'm overthinking again," responded the man. He then ran his hand along Jungkook's face carefully and kissed him over his lips carefully. "Stop kissing my neck, you're going to tempt me."

       "Is that a threat?~" Jungkook asked with a soft whisper, daring and teasing Jimin so easily but also playing around with him to the point where the two laughed in each other's arms happily.

      Despite the bright and gentle feeling they carried within each other's arms, Jimin suddenly found himself on the fence when it came to staying with Jungkook for the night or going out for once. Something felt off to him, but when he held his lover close, he tried to ease his uneasy doubts with just the idea that he was only overthinking. At least, that had to be it, right?

       Meanwhile, Seokjin walked down the hallways to a vast building, holding his white coat in his hands as he constantly glanced at the time on his watch. His posture remained straight and his emotionless gaze hid underneath the glint of his glasses. As he walked down this hallway, he reached the end where his hands latched onto the door knob before turning it and walking in. Seokjin was instantly met with a cozy brown color palette decorated office where he only looked around and took in a deep sigh before closing the door behind him. As he stepped into the eerie office, he flipped a switch and allowed the lights to illuminate the room.

      Slowly he walked forward and his hands glided along the cold wooden furniture where his hands picked up the dust that was sitting over the desk for quite some time. As he made his way to the front desk, he sat down on the chair across from the lavish chair where a boss would sit. Once his gaze looked up from the desk, his eyes latched onto a name tag of the desk covered in dust but was still able to read the engravings.

       "It's been a long day... I've avoided this office for quite some time now, but maybe soon it won't be so bare," Seokjin said to himself as he leaned back on the chair he sat in and began to look around.

     Over the desk was bare, but only one thing remained alongside the name tag and it was a picture frame facing down on the desk as the stand of it had already formed cobwebs. As Seokjin gazed at it, he didn't dare to lift the frame and see the photo that was concealed underneath. At least, not now. He wasn't curious just yet.

      "I've been trying to find the time to go over there... but I will have to hold it off for a while since business calls. But when that time comes and I do get rid of that android... maybe he will like to return and fill this empty room once more," Seokjin whispered to himself and traced the outline of the frame facing down with just his gaze. "I could give this office to any of my other hard workers and easily replace him for leaving me... but there are some things... that I can't replace. I can't replace him even if I wanted to... he's too special to me and I've been alone for quite some time," Seokjin went on. Allowing silence to fill the void like he did after all this time.

     Suddenly, his watch began to beep. Instantly causing his eyes to latch onto his wrist as he quickly shut it off and finally stood up. Almost never having the time to sit alone and be with his own thoughts. "That's what's left of my lunch break... maybe if he comes back... I can have someone respond to what I say and I wouldn't have to waste another lunch break just in my thoughts," he continued as he finally stood before the frame he was staring at for the longest.

     With a bit of hesitation at first, he eventually moved his hand down to pick the frame into his hands, brushing off the dust sitting over the glass that protected a picture of Hoseok and him standing close to each other happily. Reminding him of the good days where he wasn't alone all the time.

     "And you left me for an android you couldn't even take care of... no matter what happens, you will always find a way back to me..." Seokjin whispered and brushed off any remaining dust sitting over the frame. "You'll be back here... and that android will be no more and you... will be.. back here... like nothing has changed. I missed you, Hoseok..." after a second of gazing into the picture and reminiscing of the past, Seokjin finally placed the picture frame on the desk sitting upwards before walking away from it. "Until then, I will be there soon when I can... and I will finally turn that android off for once and for all."

     The man thought in his own head before reaching the door and thinking of the android he hadn't seen in a long time and how much he wanted to take him apart. A little jealous that Hoseok chose the android over him like nothing. That had to be the main reason along with the dangers Jungkook could cause, which motivated Seokjin to find Jungkook and finally take him apart for scrap pieces. Just the thought of it lingered on in his head until he stepped out of the room and smiled to himself.

     "Until that moment comes... I'll be the one to say, 'Goodbye, Sapphire Eyes' and everything will be back to normal."