Heater

"Atsushi?" Dazai calmly states, busting through the apartment door.

The younger comes around the corner, propping his fists up to engage in a brawl. He blinks when his mentor comes into his vision, shuffling his feet toward the younger.

"What is it?" Atsushi cocks his head, debating to finish up his chazuke. He finally had the chance of obtaining every single ingredient and was super ready to consume mouthfuls upon mouthfuls.

If only a certain interruption wouldn't have appeared.

Dazai drags his feet over to him, Atsushi confusedly watching before gasping. The brunette flops on top of him, making Atsushi wrap his arms around the slim waist. "My heater broke!"

"Your heater?" Atsushi scrunches his eyebrows, sighing exasperatedly as he tries to push the brunette off.

Dazai glances up at him with a cheeky smile, "Yep!" Popping the 'p', "Which means I'll stay the night to keep warm!"

Atsushi yelps, "W-what?! No, why would I allow that?"

"Because you wouldn't want your favorite ~ mentor to freeze to death?" Dazai flutters his eyelashes.

Atsushi huffs, "I think that'd be better." One push is all it takes for Dazai to flop onto the floor, whining and grabbing on to Atsushi's clothes to drag himself.

"Atsushi is so mean! I've done nothing but provide the utmost love and care and this is my compensation?" Dazai wails, fingers clenching tightly around the cuff of Atsushi's pants.

"Dazai, please. I'm just trying to eat my dinner." The tiger kicks him off, stomping over to where his uncut salmon is. Picking up the discarded knife — that he now thinks was best form of defense — continuing to slice a sliver of fish and placing it on a pan.

His bowl was ready with rice inside, all that's left is to pour the delicious tea, apply the salmon and seaweed on top. His mouth waters just imagining it's flavor, rushing his movements with growing hunger.

His teapot lets out an obnoxious whistle and he smiles. Reaching over to grip the handle, he startles when his hand gets pushed away. Dazai comes striding over and he himself tips the pot and pours the steaming liquid onto the bowl of rice. Humming a little tune that Atsushi regretfully knows well enough.

"You can't do a double suicide just by yourself~."

Sighing fondly, Atsushi continues to cook his salmon, Dazai helps with preparing two bowls instead of just one and sets the table. Approximately, 2 minutes later, they're both sitting across from each other and happily munching on the food.

"So, your heater broke?" Atsushi asks, spooning tea into his mouth.

"Yeah, it broke as soon as I turned it on!" Dazai smacks his forehead.

"What luck....and during this freezing weather too." Atsushi's voice is muffled by the metal utensil in his mouth.

Dazai huffs, "Yep, which is why, you're keeping me company as my personal heater!" He hooray's, stretching out his arms.

Atsushi twists his mouth, letting his teeth bite into the metal for awhile. "Fine, but only if you help me clean."

"Aw, but why?" Dazai moans, lips pulling downward to a frown.

"You're not staying with me to just laze around, besides," He adds when Dazai taps his finger, "Keeping active can help you warm up."

.

"Atsushi~~." Dazai whimpers, draping himself on the couch he was supposed to be vacuuming.

"What is it?" The aforementioned asks, rinsing the last bits of soap his dishes displayed.

"I'm tired."

Atsushi scoffs, "You walked a single step with that machine." He closes the tap and wipes his hands on a hanging towel, "And you're already tired.." He mutters lowly.

"Yes I am." Dazai announces, rolling his head to the side and staring at Atsushi upside down.

Atsushi groans, "Then just sit and turn on the TV." He walks over to the counter and swipes at crumbs, "Just let me do my work."

"Ok!" Dazai happily hums and takes control of the remote, scrolling through countless romantic films and chooses one comedy.

Atsushi manages to clean a stain on his white surface before a screech causes him to flinch.

"What happened?" He rushes over to the living room.

Dazai throws his head back and pouts at him, "I'm cold."

"Ugh, then get a blanket!"

"No!" Dazai kicks, "I want something better!"

Atsushi bites his lip to contain his frustration, "You're acting like a child." Stomping his way over to the said child, he throws the blanket directly where he could no longer see Dazai's face. "There!"

Dazai springs free from his confinement, "Not yet!" He quickly maneuvers over and wraps his arms around Atsushi, "I need you first!"

The weretiger let's out a scream as he tumbled backward, shutting his eyes and flailing around as his back crashes into a cushion and something harder. Hysterical laughter erupts from beside his ear, a rumbling that reverberates along his spine that causes him to snap his eyes open.

Tilting his head up to witness the genuine scrunch of Dazai's cheeks and how chuckles flutter from his lips, grip around Atsushi's waist tightening a bit as he catches his breath. "Ah~ you looked like a frightened cat!" He comments.

Atsushi huffs, "I'm not a cat. And of course I was frightened, who wouldn't be when a stupid mummy pulls them out of no where?"

Dazai gasps dramatically, "How dare you minimize me to a mummy?"

Atsushi just laughs in response, burrowing even further into his mentors hold without complaints, the biting chill of his fingertips and toes in contrast of the increasing burning he feels all over.

Dazai rants on about random stuff that happened during their office hours and all Atsushi could think was how full his belly felt and how warm he feels with the brunette by his side.

————-————-————-————-————-——

Ahhh another one done, ok on to next. Thank you for reading! This one is pretty short I'm sorry.

Comments are appreciated!