Notes

Atsushi was typing away at his computer, his whole concentration on the document in front of him before a folded piece of paper fell onto his desk. Blinking twice, Atsushi picked up the white paper. Unfolding it, he held it close to his face to read.

Boo!

That's the only thing the paper said. Confused Atsushi looked up in the direction the item was thrown from. Dazai looked back with a huge grin on his face.

"I'm right here, you know." Atsushi frowned and gave the slip of paper back to Dazai.

"Yes I know."
.
.
Next day, Atsushi was sitting on the couch. Sipping his coffee, he looked over a file that had a murder case on it. He's gotten better at determining who's the real culprit but he still needed more experience. He placed his mug on the table in front of him and before he retracted his hand, a folded piece of paper was thrown at the table.

It was a yellow paper this time and Atsushi picked it up. He turned to glare at Dazai but opened the paper anyway.

You're doing great!

Atsushi turned back and gave Dazai a small smile, "Thanks, but you could've just told me."
Dazai grinned back and playfully swiped his bandaged hand.
.
.
Atsushi was in the kitchen preparing his Chazuke for a job well done. Getting out some chopsticks from the wooden drawer, a red piece of paper was slipped to him on the counter. Dazai walked out of the kitchen before Atsushi could remark again.

You look cute when you're happy.

Atsushi let out a hiccup, this was random. He got a bit flustered but mostly he was annoyed by all of Dazai's teasings. Huffing, he got out the chopsticks and went toward the small table.
.
.
"I don't know, Ranpo. I don't think he'll understand..." Dazai murmured while slumping on his desk.

"Give him time, give him time." Ranpo waved his hand and continued munching on his chocolate bar.
.
Atsushi woke to his bedroom door opening, Kyouka had moved out of his dorm to live with Yosano. So Atsushi now had the luxury of having a bigger bed. But back to the present, Atsushi's door opened and he got ready to attack the intruder.

"Atsushi~~" a voice whispered. Atsushi's room was dimly lit, so all he saw was the dark silhouette of a person creeping in. Atsushi threw a pillow towards the shadow person.

"Oof- WAH... Atsushi, It's me!" The voice cried out. Atsushi did know that voice, he would know it anywhere.

"Dazai...what are you doing here?" Atsushi dropped the other pillow he was about to throw.

"Just wanted to tell you something~" Dazai sing songed and sat down on the corner of Atsushi's mattress.

"What is it?"

"Look at the time." Dazai pointed at an alarm clock that was beside Atsushi's bed. Atsushi turned to look at the big red glowing numbers.

"It's 1:43, why's that important?" Atsushi looked back at a slouching, frowning Dazai.

"Ugh, never mind! Come on! Lets go somewhere!" Dazai stood up and bounced on the balls of his feet.

"No Dazai. I'm tired, I don't want to go anywhere but to dreamland." Atsushi flopped on his bed and curled in the blankets.

"Aww, you're no fun. Oh well." Dazai was silent for a moment and Atsushi thought he left. But the dip of his bed said a different story, Dazai flopped right next to Atsushi on the mattress. Atsushi was facing away from Dazai, too tired  to care.

"Good night, Atsushi." Dazai said and pulled on the blanket. Atsushi didn't give the blanket up and curled in tighter making Dazai huff. That's how they slept, Atsushi warm and toasty on the bed and Dazai freezing throughout the night.
.
Atsushi woke up to an empty bed the following morning. Stretching his arms as he gives a big yawn. He turns toward his bedside table to look at the time, when he sees a red note. Smiling a bit, Atsushi picks the note up and reads it's contents.