Lovely whispers

It had been a decent day for Atsushi. He was tired, snuggling into his bed covers, he exhaled loudly. Although, he still couldn't sleep, he missed the warmth his boyfriend brought to him. The large bed they would both lay in had one empty side. Atsushi was curled up on his personal side facing the wall, their dog was settled right beside him. The soft fur of their dog, Yuki, threaded between Atsushi's fingers.

The heat radiating off of Yuki did provide some comfort but Atsushi still needed the other's warmth. He wanted to wait for Dazai to arrive from his late shift.

Kunikida had yelled at him the day prior that he would not go home until all his work was completed. So here Atsushi was, laying on his bed, one hand stroking Yuki's golden fur. His eyes did threaten to close every once in a while but he persisted in keeping them open.

The soft breathing of his Shiba inu had a hypnotizing rhythm to it that had Atsushi nodding off. Yuki was sound asleep and Atsushi envied him; the grasp of unconsciousness had Atsushi chasing after it.

.

Dazai sluggishly opened the door, the lights were off save for the faint glow illuminating the bottom crack of the bedroom door. His mouth quirked up lazily. Dropping his bags softly onto their couch, he takes his coat and vest off. Walking toward the bedroom, his excitement grew the closer he got to the door. He knew that once he opened that door, the love of his life would be resting on their bed.

Turning the handle, he pulled the wooden door towards himself. He steps into the dimly lit room, watching as his boyfriends chest rises softly. A pale hand was lying on top their puppy, Dazai smiled. The creak of the door had awoken Yuki, the fluffy head rose from it's perch and Yuki's dark brown eyes stared at Dazai.

The brunette put a finger to his lips to silence the dog. Making his way over to Atsushi, he climbs onto his side of the bed. Gently placing his hand on Atsushi's waist, Dazai got under the covers and rested his head where he got a full view of Atsushi's face. The milky face might have been turned away from him but that didn't take away the ethereal beauty of Atsushi.

Yuki still had his gaze on Dazai, watching closely as one of the bandaged hands came over to stroke the side of Atsushi's face. Dazai's entire attention was solely on the man before him.

"Look how handsome he is, Yuki." Dazai whispered, his hand still brushing the pale cheek, the dog blinked as if agreeing to the statement.

"How lucky I got. He makes me so happy, I wouldn't really enjoy being here without him." Dazai softly speaks to not wake his lover. Yuki chuffs, lowering his head back on the pillow.

Atsushi's eyelashes flutter for a second and Dazai take his hand away, startled. Atsushi sighs deeply and turns to bury his face in Dazai's chest, nestling in. Dazai doesn't dare move, Atsushi eases into the warm embrace, breath slowing.
.

Atsushi started blushing, Dazai's never said these things aloud to me before. Atsushi had felt how that warm, tender hand caressed his face. He felt how Yuki's head rose up from beside him before promptly laying back down. Atsushi's white eyelashes had fluttered, almost giving away the conscious state he was in.

He quickly turned around to not raise suspicion, nudging his face on the entirety of Dazai's broad chest. A hesitant hand made it's way to the back of his head, tangling their fingers through the silky strands of white hair. Atsushi softly sighed, the tingles that came from his hair being played with were absolutely pleasurable.

The threading of Dazai's fingers enthralled Atsushi, the small smile on his face laid  permanent. He wanted to tell Dazai that he was awake but these small love touches have brought him immense comfort, he thought better.