Next to me

"Oh Dazai." Atsushi exhales. The tone of voice makes the brunette grimace, the sigh tugging at his heartstrings. He lazily looks up, seeing how the teen goes around shoving empty alcohol bottles into a bag, making faces at the couple of cigarettes on the floor.

He closes his eyes once more, relishing in the way his pillow squishes against his face. The rustling of the bag makes the weretiger's movements known. The glasses inside clink around, almost as if counting down the seconds. The room smells of smoke and beer, Dazai probably smells worse, yet Atsushi comes forth and brushes hair from his face.

"I thought you'd given up on drinking." He whispers out, undertone hinting at his disappointment, Dazai bites at his lip. "It's ok, you can always restart, I'll be here to help." The smile could be heard without even looking.

Atsushi's lithe fingers trace around the dark circles under his eyes. He feels as his blanket is pulled further onto his body, the warmth seeping through his clothes. His fan was on, blowing a cold breeze at the two, frankly he was getting a bit chilled.

Atsushi double pats at his side, before standing up. "I'm going to throw this out, I'll be back."

The door closes. He exhales. A question hovering on the front of his mind. He's yet to know the answer to.

.

"Osamu, no." Atsushi firmly states, hand tightening its grip around his arm.

"Why noooot??" He asks, tilting his head to the side showing off his puppy eyes.

"Because I said no." Atsushi looks back at him with a deadpanned face. Eyes half-lidded and mouth pulled tight with pressed lips. If he looks closely, which of course he always does, he could sense the disappointment radiating off that expression.

"Ok." He mutters out, keeping their gazes locked.

"Thank you." Atsushi goes back to smiling, crinkles on the side of his eyes. Faint dimples, he loves to kiss, showing on pale cheeks. The teen trails his hand down his arm before relenting his hold, walking toward the overturned car they had a case on.

He bites the inside of his cheek, teeth gnawing on the sensitive skin, for a few seconds. He stops the action before Atsushi notices, tongue rubbing against the ache to alleviate the stinging pain. The crevices his teeth left on the slippery skin enough proof of the strength of his bite.

It's better than cutting..he faintly patronizes himself. He pockets his hands and moves over to Atsushi.

.

"Mm."

"Please raise your arm. I need to wash under it." Atsushi gently says, touch even more so. Dazai relents, holding up his arm to allow easier access. His eyes droop, sleep trying to overtake his senses, the delicate handling of his body causing him to fall deeper.

The scrub rubs against his armpit, the faint tickles having him flinch.

"Sorry, did I hurt you?" Atsushi looks up, eyebrows taut on his face.

"No, it just tickled." He breathes out, lips quirked a bit from the concern.

"Ohhh ok." Atsushi licks his lips, the action followed by Dazai's eyes. Heterochromatic eyes shine with a pinch of mischief, Dazai ready for what's to come.

He keeps flinching as the sponge rubs at his underside, moving even quickly with Atsushi's small giggles. Dazai tries to grab at the hands but they dodge out of his way.

Later on, they'd have to clean up the bathroom with the amount of water they splashed around. At this point, he wouldn't care as long as he has these happy snippets of moments.

.

He's being difficult, he knows. By the way Atsushi's body language gives off signals of his held in frustration.

"Dazai, I really could use some help."

"Too tireddddd." Wasnt a total lie but he could be useful at the moment.

"You're not even doing anything." Atsushi keeps his voice level, hostility barely dripping within his words.

"I'm sleeping, duhh."

Atsushi huffs out, cheeks reddening with his building anger. Dazai faintly feels bad, but his body wouldn't listen if he wanted to. He closes his eyes as the teen stomps away, slamming the door on his way out. The distinct tremors ricketing the walls of his dorm.

He sighs, own irritation creeping inside of him. Resentment for himself just increasing with his actions. His heart pounded loudly in his ears, blocking out sounds. His fingertips tingle, a sign of him being upset, the sensations travel up to his face.

Eyelids growing heavy due to the forming of tears. I really hate myself. He results to closing his eyes, breathing becoming difficult by the seconds. He allows two drops to fall from his eyes, staining the pillow with their wetness.

A familiar warm arm, he'd know anywhere, winds itself around his torso, a face inches from his own. Opening his eyes to focus on the beauty before him.

"Listen, I know you're tired, I'll let you rest. But please help me after." Atsushi frowns up at him, worry and slight indignation expressed in those sunset-like eyes.

He's lamentable , Dazai loves that about him.
He's very versatile too, thats another thing he loves about Atsushi. Wrapping bandaged arms around the slender waist, inching closer to press their bodies together.

He really couldn't fathom the way Atsushi has patience for him. His frown must have briefly shown on his face because nimble fingers trace over his tense lines.

"I love you. Nothing you do will change that, ok? We can move on from our disputes, grow together and come to an agreement." Atsushi mumbles out. He watches as Atsushi's forlorn expression disappears as he nuzzles into his chest. Dazai's mouth quivers, he pushes his nose into white hair. Inhaling the natural scent of his lover.

"Thank you." He hiccups, pulling Atsushi even closer, "I love you too."

.

"I'm sorry.." He speaks out, randomly. They were both curled on the couch, watching random videos on the tv. The screen lights up Atsushi's milky face, blue light flickering.

"For what..?" Confusion takes over the happiness before.

"I'm sorry." He whispers out, bandaged hand coming to caress that pale face. "I'm sorry."

Atsushi closes his eyes, rubbing his cheek against Dazai's palm.

"I'm sorry." Atsushi presses a light kiss on his finger.

"I'm sorry." Another on his wrist.

"I'm sorry." His arm.

"I'm sorry..." His chest, his neck, jaw, cheek, nose, forehead, finally his lips.

"Don't be sorry. Don't ever apologize for existing." Atsushi connects their lips, fingers tangling in brown hair. His body flushed against Dazai's own, heat radiating off.

An 'I love you' was pressed onto his lips.

.

When he lies awake the following mornings, he'll always see Atsushi there. Next to him.