Of waiting and receiving

They don't have powers in this. Made both have a 2 year age gap instead of 4!!

I cannot find a good title for the life of me, I'm sorry T-T Enjoy.
——————-——————-———————————

The chill of the cell had him tucking in on himself again. The constant drip drip of the water made annoyance crawl into his heart. His shackles were heavy on his wrists and ankles, feet bare and cold. His whole body quivered as he wrapped his arms around himself, trying to keep as much warmth as he could.

His belly was empty, angrily growling at him to consume something. His eyes stung, a fresh set of tears ready to trail down his red face. But he won't cry, it was a useless action, just like him. No other orphan got close to him, afraid that they would earn this harsh treatment. So he was always alone.

There was another boy, just like him. Waiting to get out. Although, this other boy was a bit peculiar. He had bandages wrapped around his right eye, the other fully exposed. He also had them round his neck and arms, no skin visible in those parts. His expression would always be one of no emotions, half-lidded eyes that stared into your soul or through it. Looking as if he saw the very hell of this world.

His hair was unruly, brown waves framing his face from the sides and the middle. He was tall too, at least taller than Atsushi was. He didn't seem like the approachable type, always kept to himself in a corner, nose deep in a book. It surprised Atsushi the first time he saw him, he can read? The giddiness inside his heart couldn't be controlled, so he voiced his question.

"Will you be willing to teach me?" He spoke out, earning the attention of the brunette. The boy mentioned lifted his head, blinked slowly at the younger, calculating his response. The disappointment grew inside Atsushi's chest, he might refuse, ah..I've disturbed him.

"I-I'm so-"

"Ok." Atsushi's eyes widened, those were the first syllables the boy had ever spoken to him. His voice is nice...

That's how they became friends. With the desire to learn how to read. Atsushi couldn't have been happier.

.

"More books..?" Atsushi gaped at the stack of works on Dazai's arms. The brunette nodded, he still wasn't much of a talker but they had gotten closer.

"Can I see?" Atsushi reached out. Dazai once again nodded, handing him two books from the pile. One was named No Longer Human and the other named The Moon Over The Mountain. Atsushi glanced up, peeking out to see Dazai fiddling with the cover of another book.

"I thought..you might like that one." Dazai had his eye downcast, finger pointing to the one with the tiger.

"The other one?" Atsushi asked, holding it up. Dazai pointed to himself, eye still looking away. "Can I read it after you're done?" This had the brunette whipping his head up.

"No." Atsushi flinched. Dazai came over to grab the book from his hands, ruffling his hair when he pulled away.

"Sorry." Dazai whispered, planting himself in the corner next to Atsushi. The younger just shook his head, smiling up at him. They got lost in their own worlds, Atsushi occasionally resting his head on Dazai's shoulder.

.

"Your eyes.....they're very pretty." Dazai said, with a stoic face. Atsushi had blinked, not believing him. But when Dazai had cupped his right cheek, tucking the long lock of hair behind his ear, bringing their faces closer to each other, lips meeting in a dance. Atsushi had no choice but to believe him. That was their first kiss, and they continued doing this everyday.