Surprise

"Yes yes, I know!" Atsushi whisper shouts into the receiver. Kyouka's reprimanding chatter fills his ears.

"Make sure to use protection! Don't stay up so late! Be careful when you're over there!" Atsushi blushes fiercely, imagination running rampant on what could transpire.

"Who taught you this?!" He raises his voice, tone going a few pitches above his average.

"Yosano! Duh." The young girl huffs, rolling her eyes on her side of the call.

"I'm going to have to talk to her soon." Atsushi rubs his forehead, his steps echoing in the lonely hallway of the apartment complex.

"Yeah sure-" Kyouka's voice cuts out when a sudden knock sounds against the door.

"Who's that?" Atsushi asks, worry dripping into his own voice.

"Eh, it's probably just Naomi."

"At this hour?"

"Atsushi please, we have different time frames. It's a reasonable hour over here to visit." Kyouka exhales. "I'm going to hang up now, surprise your long distance boyfriend."

"Kyou-" The line dies, Atsushi left with a ringing in his ears. Knowing to not call Kyouka back, he ventures through the halls. Stopping in front of the familiar dark oak door.

Rustling with his pockets to obtain the single key to this apartment, he braces himself before inserting it.

Upon opening the door, he notices the dark room. Seems as though no one was in there, but then again it could be because it's midnight. Atsushi had flown over here to surprise his boyfriend, taking advantage of the winter break.

Kyouka had been his solo cheering squad during the time, helping him with the expenses — obviously ignoring Atsushi's protests — and increasing his motivation.

Now that he's here, the apartment feels empty.

Sauntering over to the bedroom, the door is ajar, something Atsushi knows his boyfriend definitely doesn't like to do. Inviting himself in, he gasps when seeing the rumpled sheets of his boyfriend's bed. However, no one was there.

It would be normal for his boyfriend to be out but then again Atsushi made sure he'd be at home. His phone abruptly rings in the silence, causing him to jump a foot in the air.

"H-hello?" He says into the receiver, not checking the caller.

"Atsu~!" His boyfriend's voice shouts in the background.

"Atsushi, Dazai's over here. He came to surprise you." Kyouka giggles.

"He...what?!"

"Atsushi! Come to me! I missed you too much!" Dazai yells once more, undeniably plucking the phone from his sisters hands.

"Y-yes! Of course, I'm going, stay right there!"

"Duh." Dazai and Kyouka laugh together.

—————————————————————

Aghhh, ok so I'm rushing on this other fic I'm working on ok? It's like a royalty au, where Dazai is a prince and Atsushi is a commoner. They get Assigned together by ranpo (wink wink) and need to live together for Dazai to find a suitable partner to be his queen.

I'm trying this thing out now, if I don't say I'll take a break then I'm going to try updating every week. Sometimes short stories others bigger ok?

Hope you liked this story! I know it's short but I'm working on the other one! Thank you! Comments are always appreciated!