Figment

Opening his eyes to the familiar ceiling, was of pure bliss. He sat up, yawning deeply and stretching out his tired bones. His back arched in a cat-like way, the shivers of pleasure tingling through his entire body. He sighed out contently, smacking his lips together and blinking his eyes to get rid of the last remnants of sleep.

His room was the same as he had left it the day prior. He smiles softly, lifting his comfortable blankets from his body, he steps on the ground. It was cold, but nothing he couldn't handle, its low temperature sent a jolt up his pale leg. Didn't bother him, he would continue on with his day with nothing to stop him.

Placing both feet on the ground, he stretches once more. Almost toppling over on how good that stretch was. Chuckling lowly to himself, he rubs at his hair, placing the long tuck of it behind his ear and walks over to his restroom.
Passing by his somewhat clean kitchen to enter the bathroom, he opens the dark wooden door.

The smell of the small scented candle hits his nose, the comforting aroma loosening his tension, he closes his eyes before turning the light on. Squinting a bit from the strain, he advances deeper into the bathroom with memorization aiding him. Picking his toothbrush from its place within the small cup, applying a small amount of toothpaste.

His reflection greets him, silver hair still tousled about on his head, eyes having hints of crusts around them. Either way, he was happy.

He stilled for a second, toothbrush right in front of his smiling mouth. His heart throbbed, almost as if he was missing something important. That ever growing feeling inside his chest prevented him from relaxing. Mind racing and heart thumping wildly, he searches through his memories, trying to remember what it is he's forgetting.

It hurt, the emptiness inside his chest wouldn't quell, as if trapping him in a world of the unknown. It would not let him go as it pulsed through his veins, the hole in his heart just getting bigger and bigger. He exhaled loudly; frustration building it's way into his system. He gripped at his hair, clenched his hand around the toothbrush.

He stared into his reflection, heterochromatic eyes slightly narrowing. Sliding his hands away from his hair, he unclenches his palm and continues brushing.

.

"Haaa...I'll go get some groceries then." He sighed, staring at his slightly empty fridge that only occupied a single milk carton, two eggs and a bowl of left over chazuke. Taking said dish out, he gently closed the door, shuffling his bare feet towards his microwave. He opens the compartment, sliding the bowl inside the open microwave. Pressing the right amount of time, he waits until the seconds are over.

Tapping a gentle beat, he tilts his head from side to side. He could feel tingles from within his body, he didn't shy away, moreover he welcomed them. They were familiar, he couldn't explain why. The timer dinged, alerting him of his reheated dish.

Sticking his pale arms inside, he burns himself from touching the steaming bowl.

"Ugh! Great....Atsushi, you're an idiot." He says to himself, holding his injured fingers to his chest. The silverette moved to the sink, running cold water onto his burnt finger. "That's gonna leave a mark." Atsushi mutters under his breath, rolling those yellow-violet eyes.

He sighs, turning the water off and drying his hands with a clean towel. The burnt mark was turning a brighter red, contrasting the whiteness of his skin. Opening a drawer and getting out a small mitten, he tries to get the dish out once more.

Succeeding his mission, he brings the bowl to his table. Bending his knees to slowly descend into the soft cushion, he placed the bowl in front of him. Reaching over to grab his book from the stand, he pressed the page where his bookmark laid on. Putting it down beside him on the couch, his hands now free of anything.

Clapping his palms together to give his thanks, before diving into his chazuke.

.

His hands were filled with bags, the luck of actually having money inside his wallet left him with much euphoria. Although, he did remember having an empty wallet but maybe it was a dream?

Doesn't matter, I finally got my groceries! He pumps his fist, or at least tries to, what? With all these heavy bags tightening around his wrists? He laughs at himself, going up the small flight of stairs to his personal flat.

The clacking of his boots, the swishing of this long belt....he has no idea where these articles of clothing came from. They were just there beside his head one morning, a white button down, black pants, suspenders and fingerless gloves.

Either way, it wasn't so bad, having any clothing would make him happy. Getting his keys from within his pockets, he could faintly hear a small creak from behind him.

.

"Haa...these were really heavy today. Let's eat." Atsushi closes his fridge door after putting away his groceries. Stepping out of the kitchen towards his dining table. His curtains were open, letting in rays of sunlight into the room. He moved over to close them, pausing for a second to leave a small crack open. The burn on his palm still visible, it didn't hurt as much but it did fill him with self anger.

Don't say that about yourself. Atsushi's lip quirked up a bit, another voice always seemed to drift into his thoughts. He turned back around, hatching a plan to make some chazuke.

.

Perching onto the balcony of the building, wind rustling in brown hair, hands griping the rail. His eyes caught a line of steam, interest piqued slightly, he follows the trail of smoke. A small bowl of tea on rice was placed on the ground. A post-it note had words scribbled in elegant writing, writing he'd know anywhere from putting his chin on that slender shoulder.

"I don't know who u are but thank u for always taking care of me. Here's some chazuke, hope you like it :)" His heart thrummed and ached. He clutched at his chest with one hand and the other reaches out and tightens it's grip on the piece of paper. "Is it really good if you don't remember who I am yet know I'm here?" He whispers into the sky. A stinging pierces through him, he closes his eyes, allowing the small droplet to fall.

A gruff voice speaks into his ear, "Dazai, how is he?"

————————————————————————

It's short, I'm sorry 😭. If you didn't understand it's an Au where Atsushi loses his memories and powers and the Ada thinks it's best to keep him away from them so he won't get hurt. Dazai always looks out for Atsushi. Protects him in the shadows and never interacts with him.

Yeaaaa, I don't know if I like how it turned out but Thank you guys for reading! I love you! Have a good day or night! 💜