Pictures

Kunikida places a plate of canned crab in front of Dazai.

"Eat." Is the single command he firmly states, swiveling on his heel and marching back to his desk. Furiously typing away at his laptop, getting lost in thought the more time passes.

Dazai does not glance at the ever so inviting food, the delicious aroma filling his nostrils, yet not enough to entice him in the process of devouring. He gazes ever so mesmerized at the sky.

Chin gently propped on his palm, sitting comfortably in his office chair. The outside world bustling around from his view. The window large enough to display the horizon and the dying sun. Streams of amber rays hit the buildings, igniting dashed with shine.

A pleasant scenery for sunset lovers.

Clouds float softly across the sky, outlines burning gold. They do not disturb the fiery ball of gas in its glittering spotlight, allowing the star the moment of grace and beauty. Colors wash all around, bleeding into the blank canvas of atmosphere.

Deep brooding purple dominates the top half piece, yellow trying and failing to leave its mark with the sun's disappearing elegance. The red was long gone, clearing the way for the two primary and secondary colors to clash with one another.

Undoubtedly, dark violet was proving victorious. It doesn't leave the lustrous yellow any room in its horizon. However the primary does not accept defeat, sparkling with its last moments of time before finally cascading underneath the soil.

Cool colors disperse the sky, twinkling stars take place, constellations present for anyone looking.

It's not the sight that appeals to Dazai; it's the stinging of his heart that does.

Time had passed....he didn't know how long. The coldness of the plate proved his prediction, Kunikida is long gone to his dorm. Didn't confuse Dazai anymore when he left him alone.

Auburn eyes flit down to his calloused hands, widening for a sec with surprise. His phone is
held carefully in his grip, still on. Most importantly, exhibiting a perfectly captured photograph of the one sunset that enthralled him earlier.

The familiar color palette greeted him, reminding of the longing feeling he experienced when gazing fervently out the window. His finger traced the phone screen, expressing some sort of emotion he'd not know.

Purples and yellows....mix well together when the day finishes.

He stabs his fork into his dish, not carrying of the temperature or texture when chewing his first few bites. His phone proudly lit with the beautiful painting of pigments that flood his mind with buried memories.

He allows them to fill in.

.
.

"New mission. Get in." Kunikida orders, already gripping the steering wheel, waiting with newfound patience.

"Alright." Dazai replies quietly, hopping in to the passengers seat, closing the door with a small thump.

The engine revs to life, the vehicle moves forward before fully driving down the road in a perfect speed. Dazai stares straight ahead, watching as signs and traffic lights zip past, taking great pleasure in the quiet rumbles of the car.

Kunikida glimpses over a few times, questions dying on his lips. Frankly, Dazai hasn't the energy to indulge in small talk. He's grown comfortable in the silence, although the word is bit of a stretch. More like used to.

The buildings surrounding them grew smaller, town like, Dazai relishes in the environment of nature. Trees standing tall with green leaves sprouting from the branches, fruits or flowers growing strongly among twigs. Bushes or berries providing food for the tiny creatures that live around.