Safe

It would be better if you guys listened to, Save me from the monster inside my head, By Welshly Arms, while reading this story. But you don't have to if you can't!

Hope you like it though.

—————-—————-—————-—————-

The cool air bit at his skin, his nose prickled like ice. His cheeks were probably flushed but who was he to care? He tightened the scarf around his neck, a red scarf that was given to him not so long ago.

His coat fluttered behind him with the breeze, hair tousled and breaths coming out in clouds before him. His hands were inside his pockets, gripping the Lupin bar matchbox. 

A week with no word....calm down.

His footsteps hit the pavement, the clack of his shoes echoing down the street. Left hand jutting out to grab at the rail, he puts one foot in front of the other, counting the steps it takes to get to his dorm.

25....26.........31.....39.....43

Stepping into his empty dorm, he quietly calls out an 'I'm home'.

He dumps his stuff on the couch, moving over to his bedroom to flop on the futon, nuzzling his face into the scarf.

One week....it's ok.

.

He wakes up to his ceiling, the covers thrown on the floor because of his mild panic attack. No one came. Like always.. he exhales longingly, trying to calm his racing heart.

The scarf was loosely wrapped around his neck, and he thought, maybe if I tighten it enough, I'll die. It's not so bad of a death.

But no. He's still waiting....waiting and worrying. The sun barely streams into his room, vaguely illuminating it. The dark corners of his room shape his brain into thinking they're shadows. Sighing, he gets up, not bothering to clean himself.

.

Tearing out soft blades of grass, his mind wanders. The sun was lowering on the horizon, letting him know how much time he's spent here.

Kunikida would be mad at me.

He continues pulling out grass, stopping when he encounters a small flower. A lily. His heart ached, he moved on to pluck out more grass blades, occasionally brushing tenderly at the small blossom.

The river in front made whooshing sounds, the light reflecting off the water glimmered. If he looked at it more, he'd surely be blinded by the light. The breeze picked up, the scarf prevented any cold air to bite at his neck, either way he had bandages underneath.

Footsteps sounded behind him, light and rushed. He smiled a bit, finally plucking the flower out of the ground, gently. His hand handled it with care when he turned and saw his one and only subordinate.

Atsushi panted out, "Dazai.."

The brunette came forth, while the excited teen ran to him. They embraced with all their emotions, Dazai pulling back just a bit to tuck the flower behind a red ear.

"Lilies are your favorite.." He explained to the questioning expression.

"I missed you." He whispered, pulling Atsushi closer to his chest.

"Haha, I missed you too. I'm sorry, the mission took forever." Atsushi's words were slightly muffled.

"It's ok...I learned that I could only last one week without you." Dazai joked, fingers tangling in white hair.

"Same goes for me." Atsushi laughs, nuzzling in.

"Don't ever go without me.." Dazai stated, sadness dripping into his voice. He placed a gentle kiss on top Atsushi's head.

—————————-—————————-—-

Ah, happy boys. I honestly don't know if lilies are Atsushi's favorite but that's what came up when I searched it!!