Oh god

No powers in this, Atsushi is an innocent man, Dazai's in a gang. Atsushi gets shot (RIP)

————————-————————-———————

"All I wanted was to be a photographer." Atsushi breathed out, lips quirking up in a remorseful smile.

"I should've never let you get caught up in this. I'm sorry." Dazai whispered, face solemn as he takes in the blood painting the pavement. Not his blood; Atsushi's. The one who he vowed to never let get hurt. His anger bellowed inside him, how incompetent he was.

"No you're not." Atsushi giggled weakly. Dazai blinked confusedly at him. "Don't say that, it makes me feel you're apologizing for meeting me." Atsushi reaches his hand out, smile still intact.

"Never. I'll never regret meeting you." Dazai holds the pale hand to the side of his face, kissing the thin wrist gently.

"Heh, Dazai? Tell me a story." Atsushi mumbled meekly, his fingers tightening around Dazai's palm, shaking from the grip that exerted his strength.

"Ok...let's see. There was once this man...yes that's right, a man that had nothing to live for. He hated life and everything in its entirety."

"That's so sad.." Atsushi muttered, eyes fluttering closed for a second. The glittering of the setting sun caught a small hint of his golden eyes. Making them appear to be glowing, a ethereal glow that made Dazai wish for a miracle to save that light.

"It is, but then, someone incredible came. Someone who pranced around the world with all the goodness in his heart. Never once doubting anyone and always giving kindness to others. Both the numb man and the good one met out of spite. And.."

"And?" Atsushi pressed, hand still clutching at Dazai's. A shaky inhale replaced the dead silence of the riverbank.

"Well the good man saved the numb one. He couldn't explain it but somehow...meeting made the numb one come to realize how amazing life could be. The things it brings out should be treasured. So the numb one treasured the good one. They helped each other through problems, eventually friendship turned to more.

"They fell in love. The numb one even more so, although hints of doubts still plagued his mind....but he'd never again second guess his love for the good one. He'd know his everlasting love anywhere, the one person in his life that came, not only made him realize to live but gave him a reason to. A reason he'd been searching for. The numb one is me, Atsushi. Do you know who the good one is?"

Atsushi took a small quivering breath. Fingers loosening their grip. "No...I don't. Tell me?"

"It's you...it'll always be you." Dazai places another kiss where Atsushi's pulse is. The faint slowing beating only added the same ache within Dazai's heart.

"How...does the story end?" Atsushi wobbly muttered, fingers now trembling. The top corners of his lips twitched slightly.

"Well, the numb one got down on one knee and asked 'will you marry me?'. You know what the good one said?"

"I don't..."

"Me neither. But I'd assume they were happily married, they threw a small wedding, surrounded by all their friends. Everyone cheered them on, clapping and laughing. The two lovebirds kissed and smiled brightly. They were both happy, you know?" Dazai gesticulated frantically, smile broad on his face as he peers down at Atsushi.

The other grins loosely, tears begin to go down his cheeks. The brunette brushed them away, allowing Atsushi to get a good view of his real smile. The least he could do for him, allowing him the face of vulnerability that he could bring out of Dazai.

"That's such a happy ending..." Those fingers fall limply on his side. Dazai's smile fades slowly, ever so slowly. He couldn't do it anymore, keeping that facade of happiness.

"Unlike ours..."

.

He doesn't remember what he did. All he knew was that he'd never cried for someone. He didn't know how to handle that. No one was important enough to waste his tears on. No one.

No one but Atsushi.

————————-————————-———————

It's short 😭 I'm sorry. Also couldn't find better title... Hope everyone has or had a good day/night!! Love uuu, thank you for readingggg