If only

"Fuck.." Dazai rustles at his hair, pulling until the buds were on the verge of disconnecting from his scalp. He exhales deeply, a cloud of condensation rolls with the wind before dispersing from view. His breath comes in puffs, misty clouds accompany them, trying to calm his nerves.

The anger within him dissipates with the even breathing. In and out. In and out.

1....2.....3.....4.....5

In and Out.

His senses come back to him, anger entirely gone and his brain finally working. He pulls out his cell, unlocking it and pressing the one number he'd call on emergencies.

.

"So what's this about now?" Chuuya remarks, hand gripping at his glass.

"Believe me I don't want to be here as much as you. I need a drink." Dazai exhales once more, hand reaching for his alcohol.

"Does Atsushi know you're here?"

At this, Dazai nearly choked. His lips quiver with the held in sobs, he'd be damned if he cried in front of this guy. "Yes.." it comes off as a whimper and he curses.

"Woah, what got you all upset?" Chuuya disbelievingly looks up at him.

"Atsushi hates me." Dazai states out, a hole tears in his heart with the truth behind those words.

"Huh? What do you mean? If anyone hates you it would be me, not him." Chuuya glares, glass lifting to his lips. One long chug and he slams it back down, Dazai doesn't even flinch.

"What did you do to him?" Chuuya whispers out, the threat underlying that question sending chills down Dazai's spine. The red head doesn't even need to yell for Dazai to know; whatever he says next will determine whether he'd get beaten or not.

So he tells Chuuya everything. Pouring out his guilt and pain and anger. He's surprised that Chuuya listened, yet he shouldn't be, this is about Atsushi after all.

"You fucking idiot." Chuuya snarls once Dazai finishes, hand tightening around his cup, strong enough to shatter. "He's hurt because you weren't proud of being in a relationship with him!"

"But...does it really matter..?"

"Of course it does! He wants to be accepted into your friend group! He was hurt by feeling left out! He's probably still hurt. Can't that get through your head?" Chuuya taps the side of his temple, "maybe not since you just have an empty space up there."

The sake was cool against his lips, but Dazai had no desire to drink it. The numbness of his soul gradually traveling to his heart. The pounding in his ears silenced any yelling from Chuuya.

Atsushi was hurt....is hurt.....I hurt him.

He slammed his glass down on the counter, not carrying of any complaint the bartender delivered at him. Bolting from his seat and swinging the back door out of his way. The cold air biting at his bare face but he didn't care.

.

"Atsushi!"

A desperate call awakened the younger, his head tilted upward a bit, the ground chilling his body. His hand laid out in front of him, bits of glass had punctured his palm, wounds already bleeding.

He could faintly hear the thundering footsteps, his vision was obstructed from the door by two legs.

"Atsu- oh my god...Atsushi!"

He winced as a cold hand gently plucked out the broken pieces of glass, the blood finally flowing freely onto the tile floor. The body in front of him moved quickly around their kitchen. Making a ruckus trying to find the first  aid kit.

He allowed his head to fall back on the ground, brining his own legs curled to his body to maintain the small amount of warmth.

"Here you go, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." A tender kiss was placed on his forehead, nimble fingers tying strips of bandages around his cuts. "I'm so so sorry, Atsushi. You deserve so much better. I'm so sorry."

He hums, a quiet rumble of his voice to signify his consciousness. The brunette huffs out a relieved sigh, taking off his coat to wrap around Atsushi's body. The feeling of more kisses was the only thing he remembered before sleep overtook him.

.

His head rested against something warm, a faint beating from under said warmth. Atsushi smiles slightly, cozying up to the body under him. A soft chuckle made him fully relax.

"I'm sorry, Atsushi. I truly am. I learned now, I won't ever do that again, you can count on it."

Atsushi nuzzled closer, answer enough for Dazai to squeeze him in a tight hug. He's definitely thankful he listened to his heart.

———————————————————————-

Ahhhhhhh I'm sorry, it sucksss. I'm too preoccupied with another story that's making me pull out my hair. (Not literally don't worry)

Hope you guys had a good day or night! Love you!

Pero OMG GUYS I FOUND THIS DAZATSU PLAYLIST ON SPOTIFY, it's just....

Exquisite

The creator is lostdandelion, I found this on tumblr!

Here's the link:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5Eu0d8ZmrLCov6wQSY316v