You're safe

"Useless!"

"Worthless!"

"The world would be a better place if you'd just die in a ditch somewhere."

"You were abandoned by everyone! Even you're own parents, I've never met someone who was as pathetic as you."

"I'm sorry! It wasn't me! I'm sorry!"

"If only you'd been good enough."

"Please don't!"
.
"Atsushi!"

"Atsushi, It's a dream! Wake up!"

Atsushi thrashed around on his bed, the gripping feeling of hands on his shoulders made him frightened. The booming voice in front of him made him want to curl around himself. When could he be rid of his past? This pain he's endured, the abusive he survived, those dreadful words that were embedded deep into his mind.

The hands and loud voice weren't going away and Atsushi felt helpless, flailing around trying to rid of the gnawing feeling in his heart, the dread he felt.

"Atsushi, it's ok! I'm right here! Please, you got to wake up! You're safe!"

Atsushi woke up with a scream, his hair stuck to his face and the sweat rolled down the sides of his temples. His throat was hoarse as if he'd been screaming for days on end. His whole body trembled with the seemingly never ending terror of his childhood memories.

"Atsushi!"

He couldn't bear it, his hand shot out towards the voice. Lashing through the air, his outstretched palm slapped something solid. He sent whatever figure that was in his room flying to the other side. Closing his eyes shut tight, he wrapped the blanket around his tremendously shaking body and covered his head.

Throwing his hands on both of his ears, breathing erratic, he tried to get rid of the voices rippling through his brain. Clutching at his hair whilst curling into himself. The amount of fright he's felt over the last couple of years weren't anything compared to this moment.

There was only silence now, Atsushi couldn't even hear his own hyperventilation. He relished in the ringing quietness of the room, not being able to hear those voices in his head. He still covered his ears, in a fetal position with the blanket over his entire body. Feeling his bed dip at the edge, Atsushi tensed. A warm, tender hand wrapped around his waist.

The trembling of Atsushi was still evident and the other person sighed. They fully laid on the bed and held Atsushi some more.

"Atsushi.." the voice whispered, it was quieter, softer. It made Atsushi gasp.

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have yelled while you were having a nightmare. You're ok, you're safe now, they won't ever hurt you."

Atsushi tentatively uncovered his ears, his body still shivered and yet he felt calm.

"Are y-you s-sure..?" Atsushi was still hesitant to come out from his hiding space, he knew Dazai wouldn't do anything to hurt him but years of torment shaped a person's thinking.

"Yes, my little tiger. I made sure of that myself. I killed them all, one by one. Slowly and mercilessly. I'm here with you now, with me by your side, no one will be able to harm not one  hair on your pretty little head." Dazai cooed, Atsushi could envision the sinister smirk growing on the Port Mafia's boss.

"Now, come on out. I can't take care of my wounded kitten with him huddled inside the blanket." Atsushi blushed, there's always been something about Dazai that had him feel safe. The brunette could be embarrassing, sweet and kind in some days. While on others, he was brutal, vile and heinous; although, never towards him.