Just A Simple Game

Start from the beginning

"So about that game"

"We're fucked Fate!"
Constantine slammed his drink onto the table he was sitting at, shattering the glass of the cup in the process. It went everywhere, but the magician paid no heed.

Constantine had had enough. He was sick of helping the wearer of the Helm avoid the subject. The main reason they even came to this bar in the first place. The main reason he even decided to meet the "Self righteous prick".

"Everything's messed up"

Doctor Fate could only stare at the slumped figure of Constantine. His cigarette had been thrown aside in his moment of rage, while blood began to flow from his hand after a shattered piece of glass appeared to cut him. It's contents were scattered across the ground.

"Even though we would've been restricted, at least some of us knew that we'd win. But now....b"-

"There's nothing we can do Constantine"

"OF COURSE THERE'S SOMETHING WE CAN DO"

The magic user picked up a chair and hurled it across the room. Once it reached the wall, it's wooden exterior splintered and collapsed, pieces of the wood went flying everywhere. The bartender however, looked unfazed as he went to the side of the room to retrieve a broom. After all, he knew what he signed up for when he took this job.

"He had to live Fate"
"I know"
"He had to live"
"I know"
"But now he's dead"

Silence followed that last statement. An uncomfortable feeling of dread engulfed the room, as Constantines hand began to shake slightly. His eyes dulled as he stared at the cut on his hand, the sight of blood once again brought his mind back to.....

"Maybe we can bring him back. There has to be someway that won't mess everything up. The Lazarus Pit might wor"-
"Even if we do bring him back, he'll probably side with the others. You know what those waters do to people Constantine"
"I'm grasping at straws here Fate"

A sigh left the mouth of Fate, or at least that's what Constantine could tell by the shrugging of his shoulders. This was something the Doctor didn't wish to discuss any longer, so he placed a check on the bar and made his way to the exit. Constantines hair shadowed his eyes, and when Fates hand touched the handle to the door-"You really don't get it, do you Fate?"

His masked head turned back towards the blonde, a look of cautiousness and intrigue seemed noticeable by his body language. His hand was still on the handle to the door however. He was intent on leaving, but his curiosity got the better of him in those few moments.

"You may all have believed it, but you didn't see it"

Constantine dug his fingers into his hair, the tiny ball of panic in his stomach seemed to grow and expand. Reaching every nerve and every fibre of his soul. He seemed to be remembering something, and his eyes widened as a familiar sound filled the magic-users ears.

"I can still hear it Fate"

"Hear what?"

Constantine closed his eyes.

"His laughter"

"Oh I love that game!"

Harleys bubbly voice, which was followed by her jumping up in down in place while clapping her hands made you feel like you were watching a child get candy from a candy shop. Her face reflected off the moonlight as she looked back at you with a grin, her eyes seemed to sparkle which just made her lips pop out even mo-

'It's always the crazy ones in this universe that are hot, either that or  t r a u m a'

You opened your half-closed eyes fully, only to be met by another set of pupils. They stared at you intently, almost like a.....puppy?