Epilogue

Author's note: Play Cocoon by Zhou Shen

"Do you know why you are still alive?" Grandpa Charles asked Benjamin as they both sat on the bed.

"Why would I want to think about that?" Benjamin said as Grandpa Charles laughed a little.

"You don't know, do you remember the time you were sixteen years old?"

"Yeah, I was terribly sick." Benjamin said.

"Alex saved you."

.....
"Please save them." Richard said as Megan and Alex were both rushed to the emergency room.
........
"What do you mean he saved me?" Benjamin said.

"He donated his kidney to you." Grandpa Charles said.
.......
As the defibrillator shocked Alex's chest to get heart breathing.

"Increase it." The doctor said rubbing the defibrillator together.
........
"What do you mean he gave his kidney?" Benjamin said.

"Alex never wants to see you in pain anymore,he had to do something,he didn't want to wait for your own father to look for another alternative."
......
"He isn't breathing." The doctor said using the defibrillator on Alex's chest.

"Electrocardiogram monitor is straight." The nurse said.

"Increase the defibrillator to 250."
.......
Richard paced round the slient hospital hallways with beads of sweat on his head.

"God please help them both,spare a life." Richard said with tears dropping down his cheek.
......
"He's your lifesaver,be his, before it's too late." Grandpa Charles said.
......
"He's dead." The nurse said as the doctor cleaned his beads of sweat breathing heavily.
......
In Alex's room, his picture fell down,as the glass shattered on the floor.
......
The emergency room opened as the doctor and nurses came out.

"How are the both of them?" Richard said coming close to the doctor.

"She's died,he died but congratulations you are lucky to have a premature baby." The doctor said.

"Premature? They both died and you are telling me congratulations." Richard said sliently, "Are you fucking crazy?" He said holding the doctor's collar.

"Sir, Please take it easy."

"Aren't you a doctor? What's your job? To save lives right? Go back in there and wake them up."

"Firstly get your hands off my collar, please." The doctor said as Richard released his collar.

"Richard." Richard heard a voice from behind as he turned when he saw Mr Qin, Benjamin, and Grandpa Charles.

"You fucking son of a bitch." Richard said angrily, giving Mr Qin a punch on his face. "Are you happy? Oh you should be happy." He said giving Mr Qin another punch as Benjamin held Richard back.

"Calm down now." Benjamin said as Richard punched him, "Argh." He winced in pain as Richard scoffed.

"You should be happy, be very happy,my fucking twin is dead,I don't have anybody left." Richard said as he cried heavily, "Grandma Ella is gone, Megan is gone, that poor girl, Alex also is gone, who else do I have."

"Your twin?" Mr Qin said.

"Oh you still don't know, Grandpa Charles should have told you right? I'm your fucking son."

"I never knew, nobody told me." Mr Qin said.

"Even if you knew, what are you intentions?" Richard said, "I don't want to you any of the Qin near me or Alex's child."
.......
TWO WEEKS LATER

Megan's Mom opened her door when she was stopped by a bag on the doorstep, she looked at it as she saw a later attached to it.

Megan loves you but we are so sorry, she passed away a week ago.”

Megan's mom covered her mouth with a shaky hands as she sobbed, she opened the bag, seeing a large sum of money in it.
.........
Charles sat alone in his study room as he looked at his phone crying heavily, it was a photo grid of Megan and Britteny.
.......
"Alana,stop crying, you know you are pregnant." Liam said as he hugged Alana who was crying.

"I miss Megan,I wanted her to be my godmother." Alana said.

"I know, I miss her too."
.......
ONE YEAR LATER
"Happy birthday, Alexa." Richard said as a small girl who giggled happily

" Richard said as a small girl who giggled happily

"Cutie." Richard said as he pinched her cheek slightly.

Alana and Liam came out of the kitchen as William walked beside them from behind.

"Here are the cupcakes." Alana said as she dropped the cupcakes on the center table.

"Happy birthday, Meg." Alana said giving Alexa a hug.

"You are looking cute every single day." Liam said.

"She looks so much like Alex." Richard said.

"Excuse you, she looks a lot like Megan." Alana said as Richard scoffed.

"Liam, who does she resembles?" Richard asked as Liam pouted his lips.

"Umm, Megan and Alex."

"Liam." Alana said.

"What? I was saying what I think it's true."

"Okay, whatever, it's Alexa birthday, no arguments." Richard said.

"Let's take some cupcakes." Alana said as she saw the cupcake plate empty. "Umm, where's the cupcakes?"

As they could hear some munching as they looked at William, his mouth was stained with chocolate as he liked his fingers.

"You guys actually talked too much." William said.

"William." They all choursed.

                                  THE END