Chapter Forty Nine

"Happy Valentine." Charles said as he sat down on Megan's bed.

"Same to you." Megan said as she was seated on a chair looking at the mirror as she applied powder on her face.

"Aren't you done yet? We have reservations and I don't want to be late." Charles said.

"Just be patient, Alana said, I should be perfect." Megan said.

"At least, let me take a peak of what you are doing?" Charles said.

"No." Megan said as she applied a red lipstick.

"Alana has gone to Chicago." Charles said as Megan hummed in response, "Don't you think her boyfriend is kinda too loyal and romantic?"

"He's loyal and romantic, he doesn't want any mistakes in the relationship, so as Alana." Megan said as she applied her eyeliner.

"Liam looks like a good match for Alana, I wish they end up together." Charles said.

"Same here." Megan said as she closed her eyeliner, giving herself one last look in the mirror before sighing in satisfaction, "You can look now." Megan said as she stood up, turning round to look at Charles, while Charles did the same.

Charles looked at her for a few seconds with a smirk on his face.

"Come on, say something." Megan said as she smiled.

"You look beautiful." Charles said.

"It took you so long to say that." Megan said.

"Because you were too bright for me to talk." Charles said as he stood up, walking closer to Megan.

"Hmm." Megan hummed not believing what he said.

"This is the world of flattering, you are meant to be flattered." Charles said as he held her hand.

"A place, where it only belongs to flatters that are there, the ones that say you are beautiful, when you are not just to make you smile."

Megan remembered what Alex said as she sighed softly.

"Thanks."

"What were you thinking about?" Charles said as Megan walked close to the door.

"Flattering world, you don't want to be late for your reservation." Megan said as she opened the door.

.....
A Jeep stopped in Manresa restaurant,as Megan smiled.

"This is like one of the richest restaurant in California." Megan said as she laughed.

"Advantages of coming to a rich school." Charles said with a smirk as he got down from the car.

They entered the restaurant as a waitress lead them, they stopped at a table when they saw Alex was dressed in a black big cardigan,a white trouser with a black sneekers as his hair looks wet, making him look handsome and Britteny was in a red mini dress as they sat beside each other.

"Is this our table?" Charles said as Megan looked at them.

"Sir,the restaurant was full and the both of you had the reservation the same time,so we thought you could share." The waitress said.

"You thought we could share?" Charles asked the waitress, "You could give me another table to share,I can't share with them." He added as Alex scoffed.

"Don't worry, there is nothing like a double date on Valentine." Megan said as she smiled, sitting beside Alex while Charles just sighed as he sat in between Megan and Britteny.

They gave them the menu as they checked it.

"I would have Pork Stew." Megan said as she closed the menu.

"Same." Alex hurriedly said as everyone looked at him, "Umm,with a red wine too." He added nervously as he cleared his throat.

"I would have same too." Charles said as he gave Alex a glare, while Alex just smirked.

"Umm,I guess I would have same too." Britteny said.

"I guess, it's my choice this night." Megan said as she smiled.

"Yeah, I guess." Alex said as he smiled as slient killed the noise, everyone just stared at each other, waiting for someone to say something.

"Awkward." Megan said as slowly and sliently when she felt a broad hand on her thigh, caressing it slowly, she breathed in heavily as she looked at Alex who had a smirk on his face, she touched his hand to move it away but he held her hand tightly as he looked at her.

"Megan,are you okay?" Charles said.

"Yes, I'm fine." Megan said hurriedly.

"For a second, you were sweating." Charles said as the waitress came with the food, serving it to all of us.

" Charles said as the waitress came with the food, serving it to all of us

"This looks great, though." Britteny said as she smiled.

Megan lifted her leg up to stop Alex's doings but he seemed to like it.

"You are sweating." Charles said looking concerned.

"I know right, even the AC is on." Alex said with a smile looking at Megan.

"I'm fine." Megan said as Alex continued, slipping his hand inside her as she moaned making everyone look at her as Alex remove his hand instantly as he laughed a little.

"Megan, did you just..?" Charles said.

"The pork stew was so sweet,I had to show my gratitude." Megan said as she smiled nervously, "I think, I have to use the toilet." Megan said as she cleared her throat standing up.

.........
As the tap rushed water while Megan washed her hand, she looked opposite her which had a mirror, she looked at herself as breathed heavily.

"Maybe if you hadn't moaned, you won't be so embarrassed." Megan heard a voice as she turned to the door, when she saw Alex standing as he rested his body on the door.

"What are you doing in a ladies toilet?" Megan said as Alex walked closer to her.

"To talk to you." Alex said as he stopped a inch away from Megan.

"I don't want to talk to you." Megan said as she walked away but Alex held her by the wrist, dragging her back.

"I can see you don't want to talk about what happened on the table." Alex said.

"You shouldn't have done that." Megan said.

"For what I did,I can see that you obviously missed me." Alex said as Megan looked at him in the eyes.

"Alex,we shouldn't be together." Megan said.

"Happy Valentine, Megan." Alex said as he kissed her.