Chapter Forty Five

"My God, so Brittney is going to get married to Alex." Alana said as Megan looked at Alex with a wet eyes who was on the standing the stage as Brittney hugged him my his hand tightly. "Megan, are you okay?" Alana said as she tapped Megan..

"I'm fine, thanks." Megan said as she left the ball.

Alex ran out of the stage as he followed Megan...

Megan came out of the ball as she kept wiping her tears with a shaky hands every seconds..

"Megan,wait." Alex said as he held Megan's wrist to stop her as Megan turned giving him a slap on his cheek..

"Was that your sweet confession?" Megan asked Alex who still held his cheek, feeling surprised as tears filled the brim of his eyes.

Alex shook his head slowly, "No," He said in a muffled voice, "It wasn't supposed to happen like that, I'm sorry."

"How was it meant to happen?" Megan said, "You made me have one of the greatest date in Disneyland,you kissed me, you made me feel special, you made me feel loved by someone but I guessed you were right, I should never rush the future."

"Megan,no please.. I love you, I don't know how it happened but please just give me a chance and I promise to work things out." Alex said.

"Work things out? That can't happen, Love me? Maybe loving me is the reason why you can't love yourself,I never want to see you again." Megan said as Alex looked at her surprised.

"But you said, nothing can change the way you feel about me." Alex said as he held Megan's hand, holding it tightly as Megan looked at the hand and looked back Alex with a sniff nose.

"I guess, I was lost in the moments I had with you." Megan said gently as she removed her hand from Alex slowly.

"Come on, Please I don't even love Brittney." Alex said..

"The saddest thing is to be
a minute to someone,
when you've made them your eternity, you have already made Brittney your eternity,get used to loving her." Megan said as Alex just searched in her eyes, while Megan just gave him one last look before going...

As the rain dropped heavily on the floor as Alex watched Megan till she disappeared from his sight,he stood there for a minute,as tears and rain mixed on his cheek.

“Maybe if we choose who we love more carefully we limit the possibility of getting hurt,But I know your blood doesn't define you. What defines you is the choices you make. If I've learned anything this year, it's that. And I also know that loving someone--even when it's scary, even when there are consequences--is never the wrong thing to do. Loving someone is the opposite of hurting her.Maybe I was destined to forever fall in love with people I couldn’t have. Maybe there’s a whole assortment of impossible people waiting for me to find them. Waiting to make me feel the same impossibility over and over again.”

Alex thought as he just stood there..

"Alex." Richard ran in the rain as he stood opposite Alex who doesn't seem to care about his presence. "Please, let's talk about this inside, it's raining you are going to catch a cold."

"She left." Alex said straightforward.

"It's fine,we are going to find something to do about it, we firstly need to get you out of the cold."

"I want to die,I don't want to live forever because I know I've been living in pain." Alex said a little bit loud..

"Alex,Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal, you were the one who told me not to die for love." Richard said as he gave Alex a sweet smile. "Come on, let's go home."

"Yeah,sure." Alex said.

~°~°~
Megan got to Alex's house as she removed the ball gown with much anger,bathe herself, she entered his clothes's room as she picked one of his jumper and wore it as she wore a long tight jean, she packed few of her stuff in a small bag as she went out of the room, going straight to the study room as she picked a novel, Call Me By Your Name.

She went downstairs when she met Brittney, dressed in a short mini dress.

"Oh hey." Britteny said as she looked at Megan who replied with a scoff as she continued walking out. "Still haven't changed from using my finacee tops, aren't you a little ashamed?" Britteny sat, stopping Megan's tracks as Megan turned to look at her.

"I'm sorry, wifey but I need something to wear but don't worry, I would return it." Megan said as she turned about to leave.

"You must be jealous," Brittney said stopping Megan's tracks again as Megan breathed in heavily.

"About what?" Megan said without turning around.

"The fact that Alex would soon be mine, all for me, I wouldn't have to come to his house to seduce him, he would fuck me, kiss me everytime and take me to Disneyland, he did it for you once but mine would be couple of times." Britteny said as Megan turned around to slap her.

"You have him all to yourself, no need to be a whore for that." Megan said as Brittney scoffed surprised, holding her cheek.

"Did you just slap me?" Britteny said.

"Sorry but you stepped the wrong lane." Megan said with a smirk as the door opened, showing Alex and Richard.

"Alex, so glad you came," Brittney said moving closer to Alex as she interlocked their hands together while Megan just looked at them with so much anger but kept..

"Get your hand off me." Alex whispered to Brittney's ear as he slowly pushed Britteny away, looking at Megan.

"Are you leaving already?" Richard asked as Megan nodded her head.

"Why?" Alex said.

"Should I live with a guy,I love but has a brutal finacee, I don't think that would work." Megan said, looking at Alex.

"Please stay, we aren't even done with the assignment." Alex said as he took two steps closer to Megan.

"I would give you the summary tommorow and I borrowed this." Megan said, lifting and waving the novel,"And this." She said pointing to the jumper, she was wearing, "I promise to return it."

"You can keep it but don't go." Alex said.

"You can't stop me, Alex Qin."