Chapter Fifty Six

"Go and apologize." Megan said to Charles as they entered the car.

"Eww no." Charles said with an irritated face.

"Why? At least, you came to California just to have her back and there she is but you are still pushing her." Megan said as Charles looked at her.

"I warned her about Alex but she didn't listen to me, I told her the engagement wasn't going to work but she still insist, now it all came to pass and she's coming to meet me, isn't that like using people or maybe she sees me as her alternative." Charles said as he started the engine driving off.

"Humans always have an alternative, Charles, maybe you should go back to her and talk one on one, something tells me you still like her." Megan said as she smiled.

"But I insulted her, what if she doesn't want me back again?" Charles said concentrating on the road as he drove.

"You don't know until you try, come on, let's go to her house." Megan said as Charles sighed nodding his head.

........
A car stopped in front of a big house.

"I would wait here, till you are done." Megan said as she held Charles's hand.

"Okay, if I'm too long just know that she's killing."

"She can't do that." Megan said as she giggled.

"We would see about that." Charles said as he got down from his car.

........
Charles entered the house that was empty.

"Britteny," He called out her name as he walked around looking for her, "Britteny, I'm sorry, Please come out." Charles opened some few doors but couldn't find her.

"Britteny,I know you are around, just come,we could start a new life together in Paris again like we used to." Charles said as he walked on the hallway, when he opened a white large door,he saw Britteny on the bed with a duvet cover as she slept peacefully.

"Britteny, you didn't even lock the door and you are sleeping." Charles said as he sat beside her but Britteny was still closing her eyes. "Okay, let's talk, I'm sorry." Charles said but Britteny didn't respond as he looked at her, "Hey, I'm apologizing, you are supposed to wake up," He added with a loud voice but Britteny still didn't wake up, Charles removed her duvet when he saw a knife stabbed in her tummy as there was blood on the bed.

Charles shouted as he moved back.

~°~°~
"Granny Ella isn't waking up, Alex,I don't know what to do." Richard said on a phone call with Alex as he cried heavily, sitting at the edge of the bed as Granny Ella lay down.

"Just calm down, take her to the the hospital nearby,I would be there." Alex said hanging up.

........
As Alex ran on the hallway of the hospital,he saw Richard pacing round the hospital.

"Rich," Alex said as he ran towards him.

"Alex,I don't know what's wrong with Granny Ella but she just suddenly fainted,the doctor has been in the emergency room for the past two and a half hours, I don't know what's going on? I don't want Granny Ella to die, she's the only one I have." Richard said hurriedly as tears gushes from his eyes.

"Calm down," Alex said as Richard continued to breath heavily, "Where's William?"

"I left him with a neighbour nearby, I don't want him to experience this whole shit." Richard said as Alex nodded his head.

"She's going to be fine, remember she's a strong woman,our strong woman." Alex said as Richard nodded his head slowly.

"Yes our strong woman."

"Alex," Megan said as she ran towards Alex hugging him.

"Megan." Alex said hugging Megan back. "What are you doing here?"

"Britteny, she umm stabbed herself." Megan said as tears gushes from her eyes as she breathed heavily.

"Calm down, take a breath, what happened to Britteny?" Alex said softly.

"Aren't you hearing me? I said Britteny stabbed herself." Megan said as Richard gasped.

"Britteny stabbed herself,why? How?" Alex said.

"I.." Megan was cut in by the doctor.

"Mr.Richard," The doctor said as he removed his gloves.

"Let's talk later." Alex said sliently to Megan.

"What's going on?" Megan said.

"Doctor, how's my grandma?" Richard said as he moved closer to the doctor.

"I'm so sorry." The doctor said sadly.

"Sorry about what?" Richard yell a little.

"I want you to take it easy on what I want to say but your grandma.." The doctor said as he sighed softly.

"Take what easy? Just go straight to the fucking point." Richard said.

"Granny Ella is dead." The doctor said as Richard scoffed sadly, Alex covered his mouth in surprise.

"What?" Megan said as she moved back slowly with tears in her eyes, "Which Granny Ella?"

"Megan," Alex moved close to her as she fainted but Alex grabbed her, "Megan!!"

~°~°~
"Where's my sister?" Amidala asked Charles who was sitting down on the hospital chair as he waited for the operation to be over.

"In the emergency room." Charles said slowly not glancing at Amidala.

"Since when?" Amidala said.

"One hour." Charles said.

"How did it happen?"

"And how am I supposed to know that?" Charles said looking Amidala with a deadly glare.

"Sorry, thanks for helping her though." Amidala said as they waited for the operation was over.

Two hours later,the emergency room was opened as the doctor came out.

Charles rushed to the doctor so as Amidala.

"Mr.Charles." The doctor said as Charles nodded his head.

"That's me." Charles said, "How is she? Can we see her?"

"I'm sorry but it's too late, she has lost a lot of blood." The doctor said.

"Blood? No problem,I can give you mine,we have the same blood." Charles said as the doctor shook his head.

"I mean, she's dead, it was late for us to be able to save her." The doctor said as Amidala held her chest in pain as she winced.