Taking The Pain Away (WM)

I have many powers. Some are still a mystery to me until I use them and learn how to perfect them. But everything done in the world comes with some sort of consequence. One of my powers is being able to take someone's pain away, mentally and physically.

Almost no one knows about it and I rarely ever use it unless it's fully necessary.

Wanda Maximoff.

The girl that I fell for.

She has been through so much. Every time she has nightmares about Vision or Pietro. Or pain from practicing her powers and or from missions. When she's asleep, I try to take almost all of her pain away, but I can't take all, knowing she'd find it weird as to how she's completely fine the next day.

The consequence is whatever I take, I gain. I get the physical and mental pain, but I try not to show it. When she questions as to why I'm acting the way I'm acting, I make sure I block her out of my head so she doesn't know I'm lying.

( A/N~She never takes over a town in this btw. No reason to when since Casey takes the pain away)

After our mission, we headed into the infirmary since it's a mandatory thing. Everybody had a few cuts and bruises, nothing life-threatening, so once we were all done, we headed to the common room to hang out.

I sat at the corner of the couch with a bowl of popcorn as I watched a movie with Natasha, Thor, and Peter.

Halfway through the movie, I needed to use the bathroom so I handed the bowl to Natasha before I hopped over the couch to go do so. I then realized I haven't seen Wanda since we all got checked out.

I headed up to our rooms and knocked on her door. "Maximoff?" I softly asked.

"Yeah?" She responded.

"Can I come in?" I continued.

Before I knew it, the door opened on its own. I looked past the door and saw her sitting on her bed with a bag of chips in her hands. I closed the door and walked past a certain point to see what she was watching on tv. "Of course," I smiled.

"Can I join you?" I asked and she happily pats the space beside her. I teleported to the space beside her and laid on my side, giving her a look, making her laugh. "How are you feeling, Wands?"

"I'm doing okay," she nodded. "Took a nice shower, rewatching my favorite sitcom, have one of my favorite people next to me. It's a good day so far," she nodded again, making me smile. "You want some?" she offered me the chips and I shook my head.

"I'm good. Thanks," I got under the covers and placed my hands behind my head as I watched with her.

"So when were you planning to tell me?" She suddenly spoke and I simply hummed as a response since I was too concentrated on the show. "You're hiding something," she added and I turned my head.

"Pardon?"

"You've been blocking me out of your head for the past few years. The first few weeks, we used to communicate through our minds. I used to be able to talk to you more. A lot has changed and I want to know why?"

"You've been through a lot," I began as I sat up to clearly speak. "Just...don't be mad at me," I sighed as I grabbed her hands and placed them against my temple. "Go ahead. Look through, it's a lot to explain just by words."

For the next three minutes, she looked through my head, seeing every time she was sad or mad or frustrated. When she was injured with bruises and cuts. Every little thing I tried to take away later affected me.