The Past and Present (Alycia Debnam Carey)

~The Past and Present (ADC)

~

Past (both age 16-17)

"As they say, if you love someone and let them go, and if they come back, they're yours. So go to Hollywood, pursue your dreams, and if we meet again, I'm all yours, and hopefully, you'd still want me," I told Alycia as we were on our last date.

"Of course I will," she sobbed out as I held her hand while we sat on the beach, her favorite place in the world. "Years from now, I know I'll still love you. I know we're going to lose partial contact, but let's try not to keep it permanent, okay?" I slowly nodded.

"I love you so much. Don't you ever forget that," I added before she nodded as well. I slowly held her face in my hand and leaned it for a kiss. "I'm so proud of you. I promise you, I'll work hard and move out there. I'll find a great job and house, and find you again, and fall in love with you all over again."

"I would love nothing more," she rested her forehead against mine.

Present (both age 24-25)

Over the past two years of living in L.A. and trying to work on my life, I finally reached the point where I believe it's time to look for the love of my life. I've wanted to since I got here, but I wanted my life to be completely stable for trying to get her back in my life.

We sadly did minimize our communication over our years apart, but we still did little things such as liking each other's pictures on social media and commenting every now and then.

She was currently filming 'Fear The Walking Dead', so I contacted her mother and asked her about it, wanting to physically surprise her daughter.

Luckily for me, I love Comic-Con and FTWD has their own panel in San Diego, so I made sure I got a ticket.

I got nearly to the front row, but it was still a good enough view of her. She's absolutely stunning. I took a few pictures, sending them to her mother.

After an hour or so, she had gotten a few questions to answer and it went on, with me hoping that she'd somehow notice me in the crowd. Before I knew it, within the second hour, her eyes somehow met mine.

Her jaw dropped just slightly and I can see her eyes becoming watery. "Don't cry," I mouthed and shook my head with a soft chuckle. It would be confusing to basically everyone as to why she's suddenly crying. I lifted up my sign for her to see and it said 'Forever your biggest fan' with a big heart at the end, making her smile and quickly wipe her tears away.

Once it was finally over, we got to get pictures and autographs and when I was finally in front of Alycia, the first time in years, she handed me a note right before I walked away.

She wrote an address and time. I placed the note into my pocket before hanging around the convention with some people I knew. Hours later, I got changed and headed to the restaurant that she wanted us to meet at.

"Table for Debnam-Carey?" I said to the receptionist once I entered.

"Ahh yes. Your guest is already here, follow me," she responded and I followed. As I followed, I met her eyes within seconds, making me smile.

"Thank you."

"Hi," she stood up and tightly hugged me. "I missed you so much," she said into my shoulder, noticing our height difference now.

"I missed you more and these are for you," I kissed her on the top of her head before handing her some flowers, knowing how much she loves them. "You look absolutely beautiful. Aging like fine wine Miss Debnam-Carey," I added, making the both of us softly chuckle.