Don't Forget Me (Nat Romanoff)

Don't Forget Me (Natasha Romanoff)

"Fury. You can't be serious," I looked into his dead eyes. "She's going to kill me. When you gave me that two-month mission, she nearly blew up. Imagine if she hears about this," I added before closing the given file. "Goodness," I shook my head and placed my fingers against my forehead.

"Good luck, Agent 15, I'll see you on the jet in two days, '' he finished and walked out.

I wanted to cry now rather than later, so no one could see me do it, especially my fiance. This mission requires me to be away for nearly a year. We haven't even gotten a chance to plan our wedding yet.

After having a moment for myself in the conference room, I headed into my bedroom. "Hey baby," I looked up from the ground and saw her sitting on my bed.

"Hey," I placed my file onto my dresser.

"What's wrong? What did Fury tell you?" She climbed out of bed and began to walk over to me.

"Let's head up to the roof, the sun is starting to set."

"Okay," she simply replied and I held her hand as we walked. Once we got up there, we sat on chairs that we left out here. I stared out at the sky as I took deep breaths. I was currently scared of eye contact, knowing hers would break me. "Casey," I felt her hand on the side of my face.

"He gave me a new mission," I began and my eyes became watery again. "I have to go away again and for a longer time."

"How long?" she questioned.

"Almost a year," I told her, finally turning my head to look into her eyes. Her eyes were just like mine, it was her turn to look at the sky.

"Damn it," she hissed and shook her head.

"I'm sorry, baby," I rested my forehead on the side of her head before kissing her temple. "I love you so much."

"When do you leave?" she asked before sniffing.

"Two days."

"Two days," she repeated. "Make me a promise," she began and I sat up straight. "We'll get married when you get back. I know we wanted to plan everything together like most couples and all, but I know two days is too soon, so when you get back. Okay?"

"Okay," I whispered. "Don't forget me," I kissed her forehead.

"You don't forget about me either," I shook my head.

"I could never," I softly turned her head as my hand held her jaw.

"I love you," she said and I leaned in for a kiss. "So so much," she began to cry. Not long after, we decided to head out to dinner, to have a night to ourselves, not wanting to think about any of it. When we got back home, we cuddled until the morning after.

The day that I left, she woke up early with me, wanting to get whatever time she still can with me. I made us some breakfast before Nick called me and picked me up.

I blew her a kiss as the hatch began to close. "She's going to kill both of us when we get back," I told Nick as we went towards the front.

The mission went on and on, time went by so slow during the stakeouts but then so fast during all of the action. In most cases, if it was dealt with quicker, I could go back home in no time. This mission is different, the deadline is arriving, but it is still possible for me to stay even longer.

It's been an exact year now, I stayed for an extra two months, and I wanted to get into contact with Natasha, knowing she's probably going bonkers right now. I know simply being just one day late, she confronted Nick back at S.H.I.E.L.D.