I'm Done (NR) +

I'm Done (NR) +++

Nat and I were currently on a date, well kind of. We were on the roof of the compound and I got some help from Wanda, Bucky, and Sam with decorating the area as I made all of the food.

I love this girl. I looked down at the hand I held, with an engagement ring on her finger. I proposed a few weeks ago and we've been planning little things here and there. We don't have a confirmed date yet since we've been so busy with missions.

Shoot, I was lucky enough to get this to happen.

"Hey, what's wrong? You're quiet tonight." I questioned as I rubbed my thumb against her knuckles. Her eyes were looking over at the faraway trees that had some streetlights since people like to walk and jog during this time.

"Promise me, you won't leave. Promise me you won't get mad," she said as her eyes continued to avoid mine, making me worry. The lights surrounding us illuminated the tears growing in her eyes.

"You know I don't like promises. Just tell me," I added, moving closer to kiss the top of her hand.

"When you were on a mission about a few months ago...I did something awful. It's been haunting me ever since and it meant nothing to me," she began and I pulled my hand back. "We had a really bad argument and we didn't get a chance to talk before you left...a–"

I sat back and brushed my hair back in disbelief. I bit my inner cheek as the tears began to form in my eyes, blurring my vision. "I am so sorry," she apologized. "I love you so much."

"I don't want to hear it," I shook my head. "I'm done. I'm actually done," I stood up from my seat and I chuckled out some of the pain. "It took me weeks to get a date with you. It took me years to get an 'I love you' from you. It took me until now to propose because I was scared of you saying no...I really wish you said no. It took you days to cheat on me with the big green Oompa Loompa. Wow." I began to walk back inside and saw some of the other eyes on me.

I walked past all of them and to the elevator. "Take me down to the lab," I told F.R.I.D.A.Y as the doors closed. "Banner!" I yelled out loud as he was standing over a computer as he typed.

"He—" I right-hooked his face. "Casey!" He yelled and I kept going.

"Turn green, so I have another excuse to kill you," I grunted as his hand turned green to stop my punch. My laser eyes then came out of my eyes and he turned his head, barely avoiding it.

"Casey!" I heard Bucky yell as he placed his left hand over my eyes and used his right to pull me off of Bruce. "Take a breather," he whispered into my ear. He slowly removed his hand and I looked around to see the others.

"I'm done," I breathed out and laughed. "I'm done with all of this. I'm giving Fury my resignation," I heard some of them audibly react. I used my super speed to get to my room and began packing like the wind.

"Case," I softly heard Wanda say as she stood against my doorway. "Stay. Please? For me?"

"You don't need me. You have Vision. I had Nat and now I don't. Not anymore," I shook my head. "For years..." I began and turned around to look at her. "I thought I got through to the infamous Natasha Romanoff, the ex-assassin," I continued and sat on the corner of my bed. "I thought wrong," I shook my head again.

"Hey," She said and walked over to me. Crouching in front of me with her hands on my knees.

"I should've known," I sighed as I began playing with my fingers, avoiding her eyes. "She deserves to be with a man...not me. She was always the one who was able to cool him down, the one who had to be there for him. I was just...there. They always had a thing of some kind that I couldn't compete with," I finished and removed her hands to stand up.