Something New (Wanda M.)

~Something New(Wanda)

"Can I get another one, Jack?" I lifted up my empty glass as I rested the side of my head on my fist.

"You sure man?" He looked at me and I nodded. "I'm going to have to cut you off pretty soon, Case."

"Hey, can I get a glass of your best red wine, please?" I heard a voice beside me.

"Put it on my tab," I told him and he looked at me and then at her.

"Are you sure?" She asked and I simply hummed. "Well...thank you," I can tell a small smile grew on her face. "I'm Wanda," she introduced.

"You don't have to be nice, I'm not looking to befriend anyone tonight," I replied. I turned my rested head and saw absolute beauty. "You are very beautiful by the way," I complimented. Would I still have said this if f I were sober? Maybe. But I'll take my chances.

"Thank you," she softly smiled and then thanked Jack after he handed her the wine. "May I ask why you're here by yourself tonight? I know you said you don't want any friends tonight...I'm just a person willing to listen."

I sighed and looked ahead of me again. "I got fired. I genuinely loved that job. Always came twenty minutes early and stayed late most of my nights. But for some reason they wanted younger people...I'm in my mid-twenties, any younger is completely fresh meat from college. And then my ex broke up with me just a month ago, wanting someone older," I shook my head. "I'm tired of everything," I looked down at the drink in my hand. "What about you?" I turned my head to look at her, she was already facing me.

"What about me?" She tilted her head.

"Why are you here by yourself?"

"Long few days of work. I just came back from London and now I'm here, needing a break," she shrugged and I nodded.

And somehow...we ended up talking for the next few hours. I slowly sipped my drink while she was on her fourth glass of wine before Jack stopped the both of us.

"Do you live far?" I questioned. "I live less than a block away. I would rather sleep on my couch than you walking who knows how far," I quickly added.

"How do I know you're not a murderer?" She jokingly lifted an eyebrow with a small smirk on the corner of her lip.

"You don't," I shrugged and took off my jacket to place over her. "You have my knife and keys in that jacket and I never trust anyone with my things...now...come on," I nodded to the side before grabbing her hand. "It's small, but it's home," I said as we stepped into my one-bedroom apartment. Despite the high prices in New York, I made sure I worked hard to live in a safe area with a great view to make it worthwhile.

"It honestly looks really nice, I like your interior designing mindset," she smiled.

"Come," I tilted my head to the side again and directed her into my room. "Bed, the bathroom is right across the hall. Take a seat while I grab you some essentials," I instructed before walking out to my supply closet. "Here you go," I softly smiled as I handed her everything. "There's a charger right there too and I think you should be good," I clasped my hands together.

"Thank you," she spoke softly before she walked out. As she was in the bathroom, I changed my clothes and went to my couch to get comfortable. I have to admit that I felt woozy but I still knew what I was doing.

"Hey," I looked up from the couch to see her changed into my clothes. It was a plain black shirt and basketball shorts, but it was cute on her. "What are you watching?" she questioned as she sat down beside me, quickly resting her head on my shoulder.