The Transfer (Hermione Granger)

The Transfer (Hermione)

"It's a pleasure to be here, Professor. My parents have told me great things about Hogwarts, going to an American school didn't feel right knowing my potential. I know about the rumors surrounding the wizarding world right now about you-know-who and I want nothing more but to protect the school and those who go here."

"You do not need to worry about that. You shouldn't. It isn't your problem. Your parents wanted you to come here and practice spells and potions. Make friends who are similar to you. Now, Professor McGonagall will place the sorting hat upon your head to determine your house."

"My mom was a Hufflepuff and my father was a Slytherin, what can I expect?" I questioned. Due to coming a bit later in the year, I have to do this solo and get my own results.

"I can tell you're different from your parents, it's what the sorting hat sees within you."

"Hmm, she reminds me of Potter. Strong, determined...difficult to figure out," the sorting hat deeply spoke. "Mmm. Gryffindor," he finalized, making me smile.

"My grandmothers from both sides of the family were Gryfinndors," I spoke as the hat was taken off of my head. "What do I do now professor?" I questioned.

"All of your books are in your room, along with your owl, and suitcases. Here is your schedule and for today, you'll just sit in classrooms as a shadow and you'll officially start tomorrow. Come with me," McGonagall said and I bowed half my body towards Dumbledore as 'good day' before following the woman who is so much like my grandmother.

I sat front and center during her transfiguration class. She told me whatever she could as we waited for the other students to arrive. "Hi there," I heard beside me and I smiled at the pretty girl.

"Hi," I greeted back.

"I'm Hermione Granger and you are?"

"Casey Anderson," I offered a handshake which she took. "I'm new here," I added and she softly chuckled. "Is it obvious?"

"Many are scared to sit up front, it's one of the last few seats that one would take. So yes. It's a tad obvious," she told me and I slowly nodded. "Where are you from?" She questioned.

"New York, ever been?" I asked.

"Never. Heard lots about it though."

"Hermione," we both heard and turned around. I saw a boy with dark hair and glasses and the other with bright red hair. "How'd you get here so fast?" The redhead asked.

"I had to get out of Umbridge's class," she shook her head. "Oh, this is Casey Anderson. Casey, these are my closest friends, Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley," she introduced and I shook their hands.

"Thee Harry Potter. Wow."

"Casey Anderson? Is your father by any chance? One of the greatest Quidditch chasers of the century," Ron brought up and I slowly nodded. "He was a Slytherin, but I don't even care. That man is bloody amazing. Do you play too?" He quickly added.

"Thanks and no. We don't exactly have those in the States, my father has taken me to at least two games in my life, but I've never gotten to play before. I don't even remember the last time I've been on a broomstick."

"Harry here is one the greatest seekers, I'm sure he can show you."

"That would be cool," I responded with a smile.

"We can show you around later," I turned back around to Hermione.

"I'd like that," I nodded.

Due to McGonagall getting busy for the whole day, I was suggested to follow Hermione. I held a note in my hand from the Professor so the others aren't confused as to why I'm doing little to nothing. I'm paying attention to every class and found them so fascinating.