Her Escape (Nat Romanoff) Part 2

~Her Escape (Nat Romanoff) Part 2 (Last Part)

~cursing (I have the mouth of a sailor and I shall add it into this chapter lol) I know some ppl don't like it, but hey, it's not toooooo much.

It's been a few weeks since I've last seen Natasha. I went to Marley's graduation and graduation dinner, meeting a few of her friends and family. I somehow got promoted to assistant manager, but I was just happy enough to work in the kitchen.

"Casey, you have a visitor," my coworker, Luke, told me as he opened the door halfway to stick his head in.

"Okay, I'll be right out," I told him as I continued to finish placing fruit onto my last mini fruit tart. I went to clean my hands and walked out to see Wanda. "Hey hey," I greeted with a grin. "I missed you, I haven't seen you lately."

"Yeah, I've been working and a friend of mine went through a really bad break-up, so I've been trying to cheer her up, it hasn't been easy. She's been stuck in her room ever since."

"Bring her a few of these beauties right here, if she likes sweets of course," I gestured over to the glass display.

"She didn't at first, but her ex made her into a whole sweet tooth. It's cute honestly. My friend was never the type to date. She's been with a few other guys but they were very ehh. But then, she dated this girl and she changed, she smiled more at texts and at random. It was sad that I was the only one out of all of our friends that knew, but I respected her decision," she shrugged.

"I'm sure your friend will be fine. If she has a friend like you, I'm sure she'll overcome anything," I softly smile, making her do the same.

Since I've met Wanda, I've had the smallest crush on her, but never pursue her due to Natasha. But there was a point where she answered a phone call in front of me and it was clear that she has a boyfriend. How could she not? She's pretty, sweet, considerate, and so much more.

"Now, what would you like today?" I asked and she began listing a few things. "Would you like to add a mini fruit tart? I just finished with them and haven't gotten a chance to put them out yet."

"Ooo, yes please," she smiled. "You're out here taking all of my money."

"Sorry. But hey, it's for a good reason," I shrugged. I then collected all of the bags to walk around the counter to hand it all to her. "I miss you already," we smiled and each other and hugged before we said our goodbyes.

During my break, Marley came by to visit. "Are you doing anything tonight?" she asked as her chin rested on her hands. I smirked and sat forward, positioning myself to mirror her.

"Maybe, I already had plans to sit back on the couch and make myself a steak dinner."

"Oh, well. I wanted to ask if you'd join me for dinner tonight. I know you don't like fancy stuff, so we'll keep it all completely casual. Maybe we can hit up a few food trucks and go here and there."

"Go here and there, huh," I gave a tight smile with a small nod, jokingly mocking her. "Yes, I would like that."

"Alright cool, I'll pick you here after you close," she told me and stood up. I did the same so we could hug, before I could back away, she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. "See you later."

"See you later," I told her back as I blushed. She walked past me and out of the cafe before I headed back into the back.

A few hours later as I was cleaning and closing up with a few others, they let me leave first since they saw Marley outside. "Thanks, guys, I'll see you guys in a few days," I waved as I walked towards the door, hearing a few of them whistle, making me shake my head. I began taking off my apron and once I walked out, I saw Marley leaning against her car.