I Miss You (Alycia Debnam Carey)

I miss you (Alycia)

*favorite song goes off as phone call sound*

"Hello?" I mumbled without looking at the caller ID.

"Aww baby, are you sleeping?" I heard Alycia say and I backed the phone away from my ear. "You're usually still awake at this time," she added and I rubbed my eyes, looking at the corner of my phone, it was only one in the morning.

I sat up and brushed my hair back. "Go back to sleep," she pouted.

"No. No, it's okay. I would rather see you right now than in my dreams. How's my little director doing out there?" I smiled, trying to keep my eyes open. When she smiled before speaking, it made my heart want to burst all over again.

We talked for about forty minutes before she was called out of her trailer. "I miss you, my love," she spoke softly.

"I miss you more. I love you and now I'm going to let you go and direct," I softly smiled as I tilted my head.

"I love you too. Have a good day off, I'll call you later if I can."

"I can't wait for that phone call. See you later."

"See you later," she blew me a kiss before hanging up. I sighed and laid back on my bed and stared at my home screen. Both my lock and home screen was of Alycia and me and it made me so happy yet so sad. I miss having her by my side every night, but over time I slowly tried to think about it less.

Her biggest dream was to act and be in Hollywood. I will never stop her from doing that. I'm here in New York, I'm a lowkey model and writer, I'm rarely ever on the runway, but I model for clothing brands every now and then.

Due to her mainly being in Los Angeles, I got a place for us over there. She had her own as well, but I told her to live in mine so it'll be both of ours. Over the course of five years, I wanted her to be my wife since our first date, she is so perfect.

I've never found the perfect time to propose, we're always so busy. I've been holding onto the ring I was hoping to propose with for the past two months and after she's done with what she needed to do, I'd contact our family and friends to help me.

She hadn't told me when she was going to come back, so I held everything back. Everyone knows I've been wanting to propose and I'm glad that no one has accidentally opened their mouth.

Every morning and every night, I open the box and glance at the perfect ring for my perfect girlfriend.

She calls me nearly every day to give me an update of any kind before finally telling me she's going to be done this weekend and that she can't wait to have some time off with me. Since most of our loved ones are in L.A, I decided to fly out and prepare for everything.

I was currently staying at my friend's house for the next few days until the whole plan goes down. Since I was dating an actress, I'm sure she can tell when I'm lying a little, so I tried to be chill about everything.

"Stay out in L.A., I want to spend time with you and everyone else while you're still out there. I'll fly out there like next week or something. Take your time, don't rush anything," I reassured her.

"Are you sure, babe? I know you don't like being around people for too long. You know I don't mind flying back to New York," she sweetly spoke.

"I know, princess. Thank you for the concern, but I know you want some time with them, so do that, and when I get there, we'll stay for another week. Then after, I have you all to myself," I smiled.

"I like the sound of that, I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait to see you either."

A few days later, I told her friends and family to take her out to an early dinner near the beach, knowing how much she loves it. She simply thinks that they want to spend time with her because she'll fly back out to New York for me, but that's just half of it.

As the sun began to set, they all took her out to the beach when I was currently waiting with a suit. The beach is one of her favorite places in the world, her feet are always in the sand during the summer. I very much plan to buy a beach house for us as well, but I'd probably do that as I gift later in the future.

Once I heard their chatter coming closer, I turned around and saw her in the middle, causing her to gasp. "Good evening, my love," I smiled and walked out of the heart made of rose petals and candles. They all began to step aside she met me halfway.

"What are you doing here?" she held my face in her hands.

"I missed you too much to stay away," I smiled and kissed her forehead. "Come here," I grabbed her hand and went back to the heart. "I know our five-year anniversary isn't for another two months, but I couldn't wait any longer. I love you, so so much and it aches me that you're not my wife yet. I know you're okay with not having a ring on your finger, but I just needed to make it happen. I've been so much happier since I've met you, even through the sad days, your voice and face just overcomes it all and I'm just so lucky," tears began forming in both of our eyes. "You are the love of my life and I honestly can't imagine my life without you, so without further ado," I got down on one knee and held up the red box. "Will you, Alycia, marry me and make me the happiest person in the world?" I opened the box.

"Yes, of course, I will marry you," she leaned down to place her hands on my face again, pulling me up to a kiss as everyone around us cheered. "I love you so much," she softly cried out. I softly wiped her tears before grabbing the ring and placing it on her finger.

"I love you too," I kissed her forehead before some of the others began to approach us. We stepped out of the heart and hugged everyone.

~
"How long have you been out here?" Alycia asked as we lay in bed, cuddled up against each other, lifting her hand in the air to look at the ring.

"A few days now, planning everything," I kissed the top of her head. "Did you know how freaking nervous I was every time you called me while I was out here? I was terrified of blurting out stuff or you catching onto my subtle lies. You know I never lie to you, so it was very tough," we both chuckled.

"So when do you want to start planning?" She asked as her finger are now on my chest, playing with my chain.

"We can start tomorrow while everyone is still here, just the bigger things and then the little things when we head back to New York," I suggested, she agreed with a nod and kiss my jaw.

"I can't wait to marry you," she smiled and her green eyes stared deeply into mine. "Shall we go another round?" She lifted an eyebrow.

"Hell yeah," I smiled, flipping us, making her giggle at my action.

~