More Than Just An Assignment (Nat R.)

~I nearly made this one into a mini-story, but I didn't know how well it was going to go, so I took off little bits and made it into a one-shot.

~Warning (suicidal actions and cursing)

I planned out three jobs for today, different causes of death, one was a 'suicide', another was a plane crash, and another was a sniper killing. As I was packing up on the roof, I suddenly heard footsteps, so I quickly spun around with a handgun in my hands.

There was a bald guy with a patch over his eyes, simply standing there with a trench coat and his hands behind his back. He looked like he just came out of the Matrix. Then there was a girl that stood by his side, aiming her gun at me.

"Put it down," she said and I scoffed.

"I have a perfect aim, I'll give you a third eye. You put it down," I told her.

"Put it down Maria," the bald one told her. She hesitantly lowered her gun and placed it onto her waist.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

"I'm here to offer you a job," he told me and I gave him a look.

"As you can see, I already have a job. Unless you're arresting me, I'm going to leave," I grabbed my bag and hung it over my shoulder before walking away. 

"Have you heard of the Avengers?" He questioned.

"I'm in New York, of course, I've heard about them. What about it?" I asked as I continued to walk and they did the same, close behind me.

"I want you to join them," he continued and I shook my head before stopping. I turned around to look at the two.

"I work solo. I hate teams. I don't like human interaction, plus I'd make more money from this, I'm sure you know how expensive New York rent is."

"Join us or we'll have you locked up. You're still considered a murderer and you can't always get away from that. I know a lot about you...Casey," he added, making me sigh. "Pack up and we'll see you in the morning with a contract."

I turned back around to walk away and when I glanced back, they were gone.

Hours later, I packed most of my things up. Not wanting to have all of my things at their facility. I made sure the security at my place is topnotch, I know when there's even a roach on my floor.

I read through every little thing on the contract. "Are there exceptions? If I ever need to leave?" I questioned.

"No, but when the time comes, we'll discuss it. And again, you're a murderer, a contract killer, it's going to be hard to let you go," Baldy told me and I slowly nodded. Within the next hour, I was driven to the facility, first getting my own armory to keep my weapons, and only Hill, Fury, and I have access to.

Eventually, we got into the elevator, got to the fourth floor. Once we got off, it was like an apartment. The living area, dining, kitchen, and I think past it all is all of the bedrooms and bathrooms.

He showed me around before taking me to the meeting room, where they were all currently at, the team. "Team. Meet the new member of your team," he introduced and all I did was nod as I looked at all of them, keeping a stoic facial expression.

The more open ones stood up and personally introduced themselves, shaking my hand. Before we knew it, Wanda offered to show me my room after Fury told her where it was. "So tell me a bit about yourself," Wanda said as we walked.

"Yeah...I'm good," I gave her a tight smile.

"Okay...so this is you," she stood at the door, opening it with a key before handing it to me. "Well, my room is right over there—" she pointed. "---if you need anything, just give me a knock."