The Little Things (Nat R)

The Little Things (NR)

It's been three years since the snap. We went to stay with her family for a few weeks and then a few with mine before officially getting a place together in New York, but not in the city. We were about 40-45 minutes away from it.

Due to our hectic Avengers missions, we thought it would be best to live in a quieter town, that was still a good distance from the city just in case we got called in.

I was currently mowing the lawn while Nat went into town to do some grocery shopping. Yesterday I promised that I was going to cut the grass and I had to do some work on the computer this morning so I didn't have the time until now.

We moved into a single house with a massive lot. So I have my work cut out for me. I wanted to use my super speed but the lawnmower might blow up.

I mean I still used my powers, but just not as fast as I usually would. Once it overheated, I stood with my hands on my hips, taking some deep breaths.

Due to my headphones being on my head, I didn't notice Natasha had returned until she tapped my shoulder. "Oh hey, baby," I smiled and took it off, placing it onto the lawnmower.

"Hey," she grinned before getting on her tippy toes to give me a kiss. "I knew you were going to be out in the heat for a while so I bought you a popsicle," she said as she got into the brown bag, opening an orange-flavored popsicle. "I already put the rest of the bags inside," she told me as I began to eat the cold dessert. She then grabbed the towel from my back pocket to wipe the sweat from my neck up.

"How was the town today?" I questioned.

"Peaceful...Mrs. Adkins's daughter is pregnant again..." she began and our eyebrows rose.

"Wow. Sixth one so far, unless it's twins. Before the age of thirty, wow," I slowly nodded. "She keeps popping them out. I wonder how she's doing, both physically and mentally," I continued and finally saw her eyes meet mine, knowing this topic hits a bone. "Are you hungry?" I tilted my head.

"Not yet. Are you?"

"Partially. I'll speed up a bit more so I can head in to make us some lunch."

"No, I'll make us lunch. You finish up here and then shower," she offered before pulling me down by my chained necklace to give me a longing kiss. "You're doing great, by the way," she said, turning her head to look around. "Now, continue, don't keep me waiting," she smirked before kissing me again, looking at me lovingly.

"I love you," I said against her lips as a smile grew on my lips.

"I love you more," she released me before winking and walking off. I couldn't help but watch as my wife walk back towards our house, biting my lower lip as I saw her add a bit of a sway to her hips. "Fucking tease," I shook my head with a soft chuckle leaving my lips.

I started up the mower again before continuing my work. I finished in the next ten minutes before zooming the mower into the shed and then myself into the house. "No powers in the house!" Nat yelled as I entered through the back and into the kitchen.

I grabbed her by the hips and kissed her cheek as I stood behind her. "I'm going to need to use it sometimes, mom," I playfully spoke. "What are you making?" I questioned as I hovered over her shoulder.

"Since it's your cheat day, I wanted to make something to hit your cravings. So I'm making sliders," she proudly said, making me grin.

"Thank you, baby," I kissed her bare shoulder since she was wearing a tank top.