The Fighter (Natasha Romanoff)

The Fighter (Nat) Part 1

"Casey!" I heard from the side as I held a couple of h-beams on my shoulder. "Put that over there," my boss pointed and I nodded. These were shorter beams, so it was easily about 200 pounds. I walked back and forth, helping out the guy in the cranes, they can only hold so many, so why not help move a few.

I work this construction job from morning until late afternoon before having personal time to eat and nap before I go to my night job.

"I have 80k on you tonight Andrews, don't disappoint," my bookie said as I wrapped my hands up.

"Yeah yeah, just make sure I get my cut," I stared into his soul before he quickly nodded and scurried out. I rolled my eyes and began to stretch once I was done. Growing up, I was always taught how to fight. I was born with super-strength, but I don't use it when I'm in my fight.

It would be too obvious and easy, so I actually like to use the skills that I was taught. I was taught multiple ways of fighting, I've been through karate, krav maga, muay Thai, kickboxing, nearly through all of it.

Some liked it, some didn't, so I try to keep a low profile after every fight night. After three rounds, the fight was over and my bookie paid me with cash in an envelope before I was walked out the back and ran back to my apartment.

"That was an impressive fight," I got into a fighting position when I heard someone's voice. "I'm Tony," he turned off my living room lights as he sat on my couch. How in the world did he turn it on from there?

"Get out," I spoke through my teeth. I don't like people, especially those invading my privacy.

"You didn't even hear my offer yet."

"Don't need nor want it. Now get out."

"I don't know if you noticed, but there were at least three cars out there waiting for you. If I were you, I'd pack everything I need and want the most. I can fly you out of this place within seconds."

"What do you want?" I asked as I walked over to the windows and looked outside just slightly through the blinds. "Fuck," I whispered to myself. I quickly ran into my room, grabbing my biggest duffel bags, packing everything I actually care about.

"For you to join my team," he began. "Kick evil butt and save the human race."

"I don't like teams. I like working by myself."

"I'll see what I can do, but right now. I'm your only choice. I know you can probably easily kill anyone who comes in, but then you'd have to run away from the rest of their team and the local authorities. So I'm making it easy on you, so you wouldn't really have to deal with either."

"Son of a bitch," I whispered and shook my head.

"Fine," I gritted out as I held four bags in total before we headed up to the roof and fly off to who knows where.

"I can always get some people to come back and get more stuff if you need to...if they haven't already burned your place down," he said as we flew for nearly two minutes. "Meet the team," he said as we walked into a building surrounded by glass.

Everyone sat around on the couches with drinks in their hands. His iron suit suddenly dispersed away as he walked over to the rest of them. Every single one of them introduced themselves while I continued to hold my bags. "So where's my room, Tony."

"Nat will show you," he said and I honestly forgot who that was since there were too many to remember within thirty seconds. A redhead stood up and gestured for me to follow her and I did just that.