Number 15 (Izzie Taylor)

Number 15 (Izzie Taylor) I know nothing about track (if there are terms and such) so I'm going to replace it w/softball. Sorry, I just get it more.

"Are you guys already there?" -me

I texted my girlfriend as my team and I was on the bus on the way to the field. We were in the higher league, so we get to play both private and public schools. Today's game, I'm going against my girlfriend's school.

"We just got here. We have to go warm-up, I'll see you in a bit." -Izzie

In twenty minutes or so, we arrived on the field, and as captain, I got my team ready and stretched before we warmed up on the field. As we jogged, I felt eyes on me, so I looked towards their dugout and saw Izzie, wearing her number 15 jersey, smirking at me as they sat on the grass, stretching their legs.

A good handful of people knew we have been dating for a while, so they like to tease me every time we go against them. "Case," I heard before the back of my head was smacked.

"Ow," I slapped my team's co-captain arm back.

"Stop eye-fucking each other and pay attention," Heather told me, making me speed up my pace. I looked back at Izzie, seeing her laugh at what just happened.

"Hey, baby," I greeted as I purposefully hit the ball just enough for me to run to second base, where she was currently standing near. "The new pants look good," I winked as I checked her out.

"Shut up," she laughed and shook her head. As she kept her eyes on the pitcher, I notice her biting her lower lip, making me smirk again. My eyes converted back over to the pitcher, waiting for her to release the ball from her hand.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you more," she whispered back, making me smile. Once my teammate hit the fast-pitched ball, I ran to third and straight to home base. I got back into the dugout and continued to look at my girlfriend and my team hitting.

At one point, I was staring at Izzie for so long, I didn't realize I was smiling. We've been together for over a year and she still makes me so giddy inside. When I moved into this town for my freshman year of high school, the first person I ever fell for was from a whole other school on the other side of town.

We met on the field, Newton versus Clayton, we both wore and currently wear the same number, that's what caught my attention first. Eventually, during our first game together, my eyes moved away from her number, and up to her face. That cute smile, the freckles, the lip bite.

During our first two years, we didn't talk. She was dating someone else, but I still shamelessly flirted with her every chance I had while on the field. When I overheard that her boyfriend cheated on her, I made an actual move to get her number and that's where it really began.

And now here we are, over a year of dating, promise rings on, joy and sadness, here and there. We've been through it all, but have never once given up on each other. "Casey! Defense!" I heard and shook my head out of my thoughts.

I tied my hair, grabbed my glove, and began running out to my spot at center field. As I was running halfway, Izzie was slowly jogging to the dugout. I purposefully sped up so I could still catch her. I gave her the quickest kiss on the cheek before zooming to my spot.

I spun once I reached the grass and saw her face completely blushed. I blew her a kiss before getting ready.

At the end of the game, we all high-fived each other, and I looked back at the scoreboard and saw that we won by two points. "Casey," I heard and turned around.