The Backup (Jennifer Jareau) Part 1

~

*ring ring* I woke up, hearing my phone ring. My hand went over to my nightstand, trying to not knock anything over. "Hello?" I mumbled as my phone was against my ear.

"Casey," I heard my sister's voice, making my eyes open.

"Penny. Is everything okay?" I questioned, immediately sitting up.

"I need your help sis. We need your help," she told me and I got out of bed, heading over to my closet and pushing a code against the wall to enter my secret office. I closed it up once I got inside and logged into my computer.

"Send it to me," I said as I awaited her email which popped up in the next five seconds. "He's back...how? I arrested him myself," I told her. I knew my sister can't fully trust this case without overthinking every little thing, since the guy was the one who shot her.

I sighed and sat back in my chair. "Do you want me to fly out there? I'm currently on my vacation days, I don't mind," I assured her.

"I'll ask if I can get you a flight out here."

"It's okay. I'll get my own. I'll see you tomorrow little sis."

After hanging up, I contacted my personal guy for rides, who can get me a jet within the next two hours. I quickly packed and headed out. Since I was currently living in California, going across the states took a little while.

"Hey, Morgan," I said as I hugged him, patting his back. "Thanks for picking me up," I told him. "How is she?" I questioned as we walked towards his car.

"Shaken, but she'll be okay. Also knowing you're here. She'll be more relieved," he responded, making me softly smile. Not long later, we arrived at her apartment, and I knew my sister wasn't going to open the door, but someone else did.

"JJ," I greeted with a tight smile.

"Casey," she said with the same tight smile.

"Casey," I heard my little sister gasp from behind, making JJ widen the door and I went straight over to my little sister, giving her a tight hug. "Thank you for being here."

"Of course," I said softly and kissed the top of her head. Once we parted from the hug, I greeted everyone else. "Wish I was here under better circumstances," I told all of them as I took my computer out of my bag.

"How's L.A.?" Emily asked.

"Hot. I don't like it. I'm hoping to transfer back to the east coast soon. For the cold and to be a little bit closer to my little sister," I softly smiled at her. "So, you guys updated me that he's still in jail. So is this a copycat? Another cop? He seemed like the man liked working alone," I told them as I grabbed his file on the coffee table.

They then sat around to discuss it all for about an hour before Hotch decided to go with Emily to go talk to him.

"I arrested him myself," I whispered as I sat back on her couch, brushing my hair back, remembering the day like it was yesterday. When he was trying to get me to remove his files from the system, what he didn't know was that all hackers have codes and Penny contacted me without Battle knowing.

Once I glanced up, I saw Hotch and Rossi start approaching my desk, he grabbed a gun and put it against my head, getting me up from my desk, holding me hostage. My hands went to my pocket and I grabbed my pocket knife, flicking it out as he was talking.

I quickly moved to stab him in the leg and I then suddenly heard a gunshot, making me look up and see JJ from outside. Battle fell to the ground with a gunshot wound on his shoulder. I tried to catch my breath, but it wasn't easy. I immediately put handcuffs on the guy and got off of him, moving back until my back hit the filing cabinet.

Random one-shots//Book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara