54. Burning the Evil 💕

Anirudh made sure that the door is latched before turning back

Anirudh made sure that the door is latched before turning back. He turns back and stands leaning on the door itself. His heart was content looking at Bondita, safe and sound from far away. Tears of happiness were falling out of his eyes. He was not even able to move an inch. As if he was afraid that Bondita might leave again.

Bondita who was a crying mess until now pouts in frustration as he stood rooted at his spot. She forwarded her hands for a hug which broke his reverie. He rushed towards her to help her come out of the chest, but little did he know that his wife had other plans.

Bondita launches on him from the trunk itself. She was hugging him tightly, resting her head on his chest near his heart. She calms down listening to rhytm that his heart produced. He tried to the move away to first help her out of the trunk, but Bondita being the adamant one whines in his hold and tighteness her hold even more, if it was possible. Anirudh shakes his head at the impossibility of his wife and chuckles tearfully.

He slowly picks her up with her being in the hug, and as a reflex Bondita wraps her legs around his torso. She shifts up and burries her face in the crook of his neck. Anirudh smiles at her gestures and gently pats her head in affection. Bondita slowly shifts her head back realising their position, that it might be stressful for him as he got beaten a day before. The realisation dawned upon her that he was injured. She jumps off him and turns him to check his head. She removes his pagri and fake hair. She gasps seeing his head dressed. Tears of helplessness and pain filled her eyes and within no time she was back to the crybaby mode. Anirudh pulls her in front of him and shakes his head in a no indicating that he was alright and not in pain. He takes her in hug again.

Bondita gets alert on listening to someone's approaching footsteps. She runs to the gate and opens the latches and takes Anirudh inside the trunk. As the trunk was quite small for his height he adjusts in a half lying position above Bondita. He closes the trunk and once it was closed, he realises that they were in a very close proximity than he had ever imagined, and Bondita looked least bothered.

Their lips were only a few centimetres away and if he moved even a little bit, they might touch. They heard the door opening and slight whispering of Tarabai and Suraiyaa. He tries to move back but Bondita holds his collar instead. She pulls him back at his place and removes his fake moustache and beard. She touches his barely grown beard which tickled her hand. No words were exchanged since they met, it was the silence only that did its wonders!

Anirudh's breath quickens on their close proximity. He cups Bondita's hand cupping his cheek. Bondita lets out a few tears of happiness looking at him, back to her, all safe and happy. Anirudh gently leans near her and kisses her tears away from her cheek. She clutches his arms as her stomach performs summersaults. As Anirudh moves back, he notices her flushed face and realises the blunder he caused.

Anirudh turns his face away and as they were already in a very close proximity, her lips brush past his cheek. Bondita could feel the tingles on her lips. She wanted to kiss him again, her lips wanting to explore more of his face, and listening to her heart, she leaned more towards him and kissed his another cheek. Anirudh looks at her shocked whereas Bondita shyly covers her face. They hear the gate closing again and to control the self control they were loosing, Anirudh opens the trunk and steps out.