27. Anirudh's Care💕

Two days have passed

Two days have passed. Anirudh's wounds were healing. His legs were fine. Just had some casual wounds. He could now manage his chores on his own, also because Bondita was being distant from him. She used to wake up early and come back late at night. She started sleeping back on the couch. Whole day she kept herself immersed in her work and rarely show her face to Anirudh. Anirudh was worried and decided to talk to Bondita.

He was staying up late so that he could confront Bondita whenever she comes to sleep. He was in the study when Saudamini enters the room. She was wearing her night saree with light jewellery. Her hair open and a seductive smile etched on her face. She goes near Anirudh and snatches his book. She flips the pages and says," Kis par research kar rahe ho Anirudh, Shakespeare ki book?" Anirudh gets startled and snatches his book from her and says, "Kya kar rahi ho tum yaha itni raat ko?"

She says," Woh mujhe tumhari chinta ho rahi thi, dekha maine ki kese Bondita tumse dur dur rehti hai. Toh socha agar mai apne dost ka saath dungi, usse baat karungi toh shayad uska man halka ho jaye." Anirudh steps back and says," Ham kal baat karte hai, abhi tum jaao. Aur mai sab sambhal lunga, mere aur Bondita ke rishte ko bhi" He turns back to leave but instead Saudamini holds his wrist.

She comes close to him and wipes off the ink from his cheek from her saree's pallu. She says," Jaanti hu ki sab sambhal loge, par kya jage rahoge saari raat?" Before Anirudh could say something they heard Bondita's scream from kitchen. Anirudh runs to her and Saudamini follows him. Everybody comes out. Saudamini's dida was helping Bondita in the kitchen. On Saudamini's order, she pushed Bondita, due to which she bumped in the cupboard and the pointed tabeez dug into her arm. Bondita got hurt again by her tabeez, but this time it created a deep wound in her flesh. Also, in pretence of helping Bondita, Dida held her shaka pola firmly due to which it broke.

Bondita heard a huge sound from outside and rushed and saw her pati babu fallen on the floor. He was about to hit his head on table but he secured his head with his hand in the nick of time.

He saw Bondita and rushed to her. He held her shoulder and Bondita hissed in pain. Bondita stepped back and ran back to the kitchen. Anirudh was about to follow her when Saudamini held his hand and said," Jaao Anirudh, tum so jaao, mai baat karti hu Bondita se. Mujhe lagta hai woh mujhse asaani se baat kar payegi. Tum jaao." Anirudh nods and leaves sadly, dejected on how Bondita ran away from him. Saudamini goes in the kitchen and calls out to Bondita.

Saudamini enters the kitchen and sees a weeping Bondita with her broken Shakha pola. She smirks and rushes to her and hugs her. Naive Bondita on finding warmth, cries in her arms. She says," Saudamini didi, mera shakha pola...." Saudamini says," Bondita yeh toh bohot bada apshagun hai. Shakha pola toh suhaag ki nishani hoti hai. Iska tutna bohot galat sanket hai. Aur abhi abhi tumne dekha na bahaar kya hua. Hame Kaka se baat karni hogi." Bondita wipes her tears.

They both go to Trilochan and Saudamini says," Kaka mujhe lagta hai hame baba ko bulakar kathin wala upaay hi apnana hoga, aaj bhi Bondita ki cheekh ke karan Anirudh gir gaya aur uska sar table se takrate takrate reh gaya." Kaka seems tensed and Bondita speaks up," Ksj, mai sab karne ko taiyaar hu. Aap kal raat bula le baba ko." Next day at night Anirudh goes back to the room to sleep and Bondita pretends to be asleep on the couch. Bihari comes slowly and indicates Bondita to come. Bondita after making sure that her pati babu is asleep goes down.