19. Kitchen's Encounters!

She goes downstairs and sees Shubhra back

She goes downstairs and sees Shubhra back. She goes and takes her blessings. Shubhra hugs her and says," Dekho Bahu, tumse milne kon aaya hai?Tumhari Nani Saas, yani meri maa." Shubhra's Mother. Bondita's nani saas. Bondita bends down to take her blessings and Nani maa caresses her head with a smile. Everybody looks at the duo wide eyed. Shubhra instructs Som to take Nani maa to her room. Bondita asks Shubhra, "Maa, kya hua? Sab mujhe ghoor kyu rahe the? Kuch galat kiya maine?" Shubhra chuckles and says," Nahi beta. Tumne kuch nhi kiya woh toh tumhari joh Nani maa hai na, woh bohot kathor hai. Aaj tak Som, batuk or Anirudh ko kabhi muskurakar ashirwaad nhi diya, yaha tak ki tumhare sasur ji se bhi kathor hi rehti hai woh. Riti riwaz ki pakki. Aur tumse yu Muskurakar baat ki na isliye sab hairan the." Bondita grins and Shubhra says, "Achha Bondita, meri ek baat gath bandh lo. Tumhari nani saas bohot purani soch wali hai. Woh yaha se ek hafte baad hi wapis jayengi. Woh tumse milne aayi hai. Dhyaan rakhna, aur unhe aur mujhe niraash mat karna." Bondita nods and goes to the temple to perform the aarti.

She makes the arrangement and performs the aarti. Everybody joins the temple for aarti. Nani maa blesses her and gives her a gold coin. Bondita looks towards Shubhra for approval. Shubhra nods in approval and she takes the gift with a soft smile and bends down to touch her feet. Nani maa gets impressed on how she respects her mother in law. Nani maa says," Jaao Bondita Bahu, Naashta bana do. Bohot samay se Shubhra ke haath ka khana hi kha rahe hai. Ab toh hum sirf apni bahu ke haath ka bana khana khayenge." Bondita's eyes turns wide in horror.

Anirudh comes downstairs and gets elated on seeing naniji. He runs to her and takes her blessings. Nani maa holds his ears and says," Yeh koi samay hai uthne ka. Sooraj sar chadh aaya hai. Pooja ho chuki hai." Anirudh whines in pain and says," Nani maa, kal se pakka jaldi uthunga. Abhi toh chod do." She leaves him and everybody laughs at the duo. Anirudh notices Bondita standing at a side with a tensed face. Everybody leaves and Anirudh goes to Bondita. He says, "Bondita, kya hua? Kya soch rahi ho?". Bondita looks at him and says,"Nani maa ko mere hath ka khana khana hai." He nods and she continues," Par mujhe khana banana nhi aata." Anirudh looks at her in horror. It was not that he believed that every girl should know how to cook but he knew how backward was her Nani maa's thinking. He knew that if Nani maa comes to know about it she won't leave Bondita. She will shower her with taunts and punishments. He asked Bondita," Par maa uss din keh rahi thi ki tumne hi prasad banaya tha." Bondita grins and says," Woh toh Mishti tha na. Mishti mujhe banana aata hai. Mujhe pasand hai na. Joh mujhe pasand hai, woh mujhe sab aata hai. "

Anirudh chuckles and she says with a frown," Aap hasiye mat, ab yeh bataiye mai kya karu??" He says," Tum chinta mat karo, mai nashta bana dunga". She looks at him and says," Aap? Aapko aata hai?" He nods and says," Tumhe kya lagta hai, London mai maine kya sirf angrezi khana khaya hai? Waha mai khud apna khana banata tha." Bondita chuckles and says," Waah Barrister Babu, mujhe nhi pata tha ki aapko tark karne ke alawa ghar ka kaam bhi aata hai. I am impressed!" Anirudh chuckles and says, "Ji hone wali Barrister Babu, ab chaliye, madad kijiye meri." They get in the kitchen and Bondita goes to the stove.