4. Bondita's Marriage 💕

The Roy Choudhury Haveli is decorated like a newly wedded bride, why shouldn't it be? Today is a special occasion, Anirudh, Roy Choudhury's biggest son is getting engaged today

The Roy Choudhury Haveli is decorated like a newly wedded bride, why shouldn't it be? Today is a special occasion, Anirudh, Roy Choudhury's biggest son is getting engaged today. On one side, Anirudh is frustrated, he is shouting at everyone since morning, Trilochan and Shubra sigh on seeing his adamant behaviour. Binoy is super excited, he couldn't hold his happiness, how can he, he is going to be paired with a big businessman, his business is going to reach its heights. Anirudh gets ready to leave for Saurav's marriage, whereas Saudamini is being adorned in heavy jewellery, heavy saree and tons of makeup for her engagement.

On the other side, Bondita is being draped in a red saree, with light jewellery, her hair tied into a bun and pallu secured on the top. She looks at herself in the mirror sighs in satisfaction. She was happy that after marriage she can study peacefully. Now she can resume back her studies which were stopped when she started living with her mama mami. She looks at the books kept in her bag and ties them in a red cloth so that nobody can see it. She sees the picture of her ma baba and hugs it tightly with a smile and tears flowing out of her eyes.

The scene shifts in Roy Choudhury Haveli where Anirudh is about to leave. Trilochan stops him and says," Kaha jaa rahe ho Anirudh? Sagai hai aaj tumhari" Anirudh says calmly," Kaka, Saurav ke Vivaah mai jaa raha hu". Trilochan Kaka says worriedly," Par beta aaj tumhari sagai hai." Anirudh gets angry on listening about his engagement once again. He just leaves shouting that he will be back on time.

Meanwhile in Bondita's home we can see Sampoorna and Bondita adoring each other. Both were looking ethereal. Mami comes and hands a bowl of kheer to Sampoorna. Sampoorna looks at her mother questioningly and says," Maa yeh kya hai, upwas hai na mera, mai nhi khaa sakti yeh" Her mother face palms herself and says," Dekho toh zara, jab khud maa de rahi hai khane ko, toh kha nhi rahi, aur mai jab nhi deti hu toh aage piche ghumti hai aur bhook bhook karti hai. Khaa le ise, aaj bohot thak jaegi tu, kisiko nhi bataungi mai. Khaa le takat aaegi." Sampoorna nods and looks towards Bondita who too had her fast. She had her head hung down. Sampoorna says to her maa," Maa Bondita ko bhi de na, use bhi takat ki zaroorat hai." Bondita tried to shush her sister but Sampoorna was adamant. Her mother said," Nhi, Bondita ko upwas karne de, khale tu, jitna kaha hai utna kar." Sampoorna hands the bowl of kheer to her mother and says," Yadi Bondita nhi khayegi, toh mai bhi nhi khaungi. Bass... Le jaa yeh katora." Sampoorna's mother makes a face and says," Kha tu, lati hu mai iske liye." She goes to the kitchen and smirks on seeing her plan getting successful. She mixes a sedative in Bondita's bowl and gives it to Bondita. Bondita and Sampoorna have the kheer happily. Bondita was slowly feeling drowsy. Before she could tell it to Sampoorna, Sampoorna's baraat came and she was taken out. Bondita fainted inside.

Outside the house Anirudh reached the wedding place with Saurav's Baarat. Yes, Saurav and Sampoorna were getting married. He dances with the ladies and enjoys the function. He sees the old groom and asks about rituals. Munshi says that's the groom. Anirudh asks is it any widow's marriage. He thinks our world will change if marriage can happen in this age, thinking will change by such people.Anirudh thinks its good society is permitting marriage in this age. He sees Saurabh's marriage happening with Sampoorna. He dances with the women.

Mama and Mami get unconscious Bondita there for the marriage. Anirudh sees Bondita. He gets shocked. He shouts stop this marriage. Everyone looks on. Anirudh says I won't let this marriage happen. Munshi asks what happened, why can't this marriage happen. Anirudh says this man is aged like her grandpa, its a mismatch, stop this marriage. Sampoorna gets shocked seeing the old man.

Anirudh goes to the old man and drags him down the mandap. Mama asks who are you to stop the marriage. Munshi says he is our Chote Malik, he doesn't understand customs here, he studied abroad and came.

Anirudh says this marriage is wrong, its a bad custom, its torture on this girl, I will stop this. Munshi says its not wrong. Mama says bride is my niece, she agreed for this marriage. Anirudh says you are lying, who will try to go to such hell. Mama says you are blaming me, I m her uncle, I gave her love like her dad. Anirudh says fine, we will ask the girl, how can she say, she isn't in senses, tell me. Mama says she is sleeping.

The man asks Anirudh not to hinder the marriage. Anirudh asks what happiness will the girl get by this marriage. The old man keeps knife at Bondita's neck. Sampoorna shouts Bondita.... Everyone gets shocked. Sampoorna says someone save her. The old man says, " Mera teen baar vivaah hua hai, par meri kabhi itni beizzati nhi hui hai. Agar yeh ladki meri patni nhi bani, toh yeh zinda bhi nhi rahegi." Sampoorna asks Saurabh to save her sister. Anirudh scolds the old man. Mama says stop, she will become your wife, leave her.

Anirudh runs out to seek for help. He sees a police officer and asks him to save the girl. He argues with police officer who convinces him by saying that this country will never change. Anirudh says no, my country will change, I will do it alone. Mami holds Bondita and makes her take the rounds. Anirudh takes the gun from the police officer. He runs to stop the marriage. The old man gets a heart attack and falls down. Anirudh comes there and looks on. Everyone is shocked. Vaid checks the old groom and says he is dead. Mama says he was fine just now. The lady says the problem is with this girl, she is unlucky, he has died because of her. Munshi asks Anirudh to go, this marriage can't happen, the groom has died, if anyone sees you, then they will blame you. Anirudh says I m not scared of anyone. He sees police officer coming. Anirudh says I will trust you, if anything wrong happens with this girl, then I won't forgive you. Munshi asks driver to take Anirudh home and not come back. He stops the police.

Sampoorna runs to Bondita. She takes Bondita. The lady says final rites will happen, Bondita has to die as well with her husband. Mama says she will live as a widow, but she won't die with her husband. The lady asks why, is she a rich class brahmin, Bondita has to go to heaven with her husband. Sampoorna asks did marriage complete, sindoor daan didn't happen, how did she become the old man's wife. The lady scolds them. Mama says Bondita will do this ritual.

Anirudh is on the way. He thinks of Bondita. He thinks I left her alone, did I do some mistake. The lady says Bondita will be worshipped as Devi. Sampoorna hugs Bondita and says you can't kill her, its not Dharm, I request you not to do this, let her go. The lady snatches Bondita and takes her. Anirudh asks driver to take him to village. Driver says Munshi told me not to take you back. Anirudh asks him to take a turn. The car hits a tree and stops. The lady asks them to prepare for Bondita's final rites.

Mama asks Munshi to take Sampoorna. Munshi agrees. Bondita is taken for the final rites with the old groom. Anirudh sees the procession going and hears from the girls, who were probably Bondita's friends about the sati ritual. Anirudh stops the people. He removes Bondita from Doli and carries her in his arms. He makes her rest on a tree. The men attack him. Anirudh fights them. He asks them to get back. Anirudh lights a firestick and asks the men to get back. The oil barrel falls. Anirudh warns them and says there will be just fire in this village if anyone touches this girl. He lights the fire there and makes the people away.

What do you think, How will Anirudh save Bondita? What does the future hold in for them?✨