11. Questioning the Social Evils💕

Anirudh writes a letter to Saudamini

Anirudh writes a letter to Saudamini. He says I have married that girl just to save her life, I didn't marry her by choice by liking her beauty, I did this to change the society, I m going to take her to her home. I regret to do wrong with you, I wish I could do something to lessen your pain, yours Anirudh. Somnath comes. Anirudh says," Som jaao, aur ise mini ko de aao." Somnath says," Unke pita aa gaye hai, mujhe nhi lagta hame waha jana chahiye." Anirudh says," Achha hai woh aa gaye hai, ab wahi samjha sakte hai mini ko." Somnath says," Thoda samay dijiye mini di ko, shayad apne baba ko gale lagkar ro lengi toh dil halka ho jaye unka." He goes.

At Basu House

Dida says," Doctor ne dawai di hai, par yeh khana nhi kha rahi hai, toh dawa kese du?' Dida takes care of her. She asks Bhaumik to ask Saudamini to break her hunger strike. Bhaumik asks Mini," Batao meri beti ko kya chahiye? Kya khayegi woh?" . Mini asks," Bas Anirudh chahiye mujhe. Bas Anirudh." She was sad on witnessing Anirudh with Bondita the night before. She assumed that they were romancing and are in love. Anirudh keeps the letter and thinks Somnath was right, this letter isn't right to talk to Mini, I will come back and talk. He goes.

Anirudh gets seated in the driver seat and Sampoorna gets seated behind him. Bondita comes out after taking elders blessings. She comes and is about to sit beside her sister when Anirudh notices Saurav's face falling. He calls out Bondita," Bondita, waha piche kaha jaa rahi ho? Yaha aage aao na" Bondita frowns and says," Waha kyu, apni behen ke saath bethungi na, kyu Sampoorna Didi?" Sampoorna nods. Anirudh again says," Bondita aage aao na." She keeps her hands on her hips and points a finger on him and says," Maine aapko pehle bhi kaha tha ki mai esi ladki nhi jo...." Anirudh interupts her and completes her sentence," Esi ladki nhi jo apne pati ko bhagwaan samajhti hai aur unki adesho ka palan karti hai... Jaanta hu, mai bas agraah kar raha hu Bondita, Bondita pleasee aage aa jao." He says sweetly. Sampoorna says with a mischievous glint," Jaa naa Bondita, Anirudh Babu, tere patiiii, tujhe kitne pyaaaar se bula rahe hai." She said emphasizing on the word pyaar and pati. Bondita glares at her and sits in the front. Saurav sits in the back.

Bondita sits facing outside. Anirudh calls her out," Bonditaaa kya hua?". Bondita turns and says," Kyu bulaya mujhe yaha, bethna tha na mujhe Sampoorna didi ke saath." Anirudh chuckles and says, "Bondita samjho, tumhari didi aur Saurav ki nayi nayi shaadi hui hai." Bondita frowns and says," Shaadi ho gai hai toh kya behen ko bhul jaengi?" She turns back saying," Kyu Sampoorna didi?". She turns back in front, her cheeks crimson red from embarrassment. She just now saw her Didi resting her face in her husband's chest and his arm enveloping her in a side hug. Both of theirs eyes were closed taking in the moment.

At that moment, unknowingly she imagines herself with her husband in that same position, she gasps at her imagination and hits her head. Her cheeks got even more redder if possible. She felt guilty, guilty of imagining herself with someone who doesn't even consider her as a friend. Anirudh chuckles seeing her. Bondita looks away in embarrassment.